Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I was wondring if it is possible to sit your driving test in Oz on a temp 457 visa? My Fiance just failed his first test and really wants to resit soon but we are heading to Brisbane in 1 month, and cant rebook here. Any info would be great!!

Thank you :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
You could try begging and cajoling, it works in Ireland, sometimes. Explain to the test centre your situation, or try booking in a smaller centre, I think its worth it to get it now, if at all possible, while you're in the zone.
Btw, has anybody done the HR driving test in Oz. I had the equivilent of the MR here,but let it lapse. Wondering if I am better doing the test here or there, Looking at the website, the cost is about the same, I think.
Has anyone got driving in a mine? HR licence should do it, with some experience.
Got some contacts in the driving area, Its worth a shot, or is it too far fetched?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You could try begging and cajoling, it works in Ireland, sometimes. Explain to the test centre your situation, or try booking in a smaller centre, I think its worth it to get it now, if at all possible, while you're in the zone.
Btw, has anybody done the HR driving test in Oz. I had the equivilent of the MR here,but let it lapse. Wondering if I am better doing the test here or there, Looking at the website, the cost is about the same, I think.
Has anyone got driving in a mine? HR licence should do it, with some experience.
Got some contacts in the driving area, Its worth a shot, or is it too far fetched?
Afraid that only works in Ireland...the is a 6 week wait here and 10 days between failing and rebooking too. Cant help with the other question. sorry.
Thanks though

·
Registered
119 Posts
Afraid that only works in Ireland...the is a 6 week wait here and 10 days between failing and rebooking too. Cant help with the other question. sorry.
Thanks though
Have you tried booking at another test centre?
If you are willing to head out you could probably find something sooner.

Even locals will book tests at regional test centres as they are considered to be much easier.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you tried booking at another test centre?
If you are willing to head out you could probably find something sooner.

Even locals will book tests at regional test centres as they are considered to be much easier.
We just dont have the time left in England. I read on the Qld website that he could 'transfer' his provisional licence and his theory test so hopefully it wont be too difficult.

Thank you

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That website said that selected country drivers on Provisional licences can transfer their provisionals to a Queensland provisional and that anyone over 25 does not have to log the number of hours that someone under 25 does.

G

·
No its just the kids, if he's over 25 he's ok. Its really unfair given how much driving lessons cost out there! My sister in law couldn't take her test for that very reason because her dad taught her & she couldn't afford lessons!

But I still can't see where it says you can simply transfer a learners licence. It specifically says you can transfer anything other than a learners licence from some countries on the first link. But it makes no difference, procedure is still the same, get provisional, wait time needed if any & take tests. If he's had enough practice he should be ok after going out a few time to get used to aus roads and their crazy ways such as no lane control, no indicating and turning on red lights lol

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No its just the kids, if he's over 25 he's ok. Its really unfair given how much driving lessons cost out there! My sister in law couldn't take her test for that very reason because her dad taught her & she couldn't afford lessons!

But I still can't see where it says you can simply transfer a learners licence. It specifically says you can transfer anything other than a learners licence from some countries on the first link. But it makes no difference, procedure is still the same, get provisional, wait time needed if any & take tests. If he's had enough practice he should be ok after going out a few time to get used to aus roads and their crazy ways such as no lane control, no indicating and turning on red lights lol
It stated somewhere that u can send in your provisional licence and they'll sent u a QLD one to replace it.

I hear lessons are very expensive there....he doesnt nead any really but 1 or 2 would be no harm to learn the ozzy ways....No indicating? No lane control? No lights? Sounds Scary!!!:eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.