Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am hoping to move to Portugal in 2011. My first task is learning some of the lingo prior to scouting for a property, can anyone give me some direction on websites or courses which teach Portuguese please, places to get flash cards, download stuff etc

Regards
Kev

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Peter I will checkout the site. I am after downloading some Portuguese courses, cue cards and the like to work with off line, I am also after a couple of CDs to listen too to help me along with my Portuguese.

Regards
Kev

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi,

We've started learning Portuguese using EuroTalk. It's very basic, but the lesssons are clear, concise and easy to follow. We'll be in Portugal in about 6months or so. I plan to make up my own flash cards, using words and phrases I want to remember.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I see that if you are using one of the smaller netbooks without a CD/DVD drive that EuroTalk offers something on a flash drive/USB (in case you don't have an external CD/DVD to use). Interesting...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hi,

We've started learning Portuguese using EuroTalk. It's very basic, but the lesssons are clear, concise and easy to follow. We'll be in Portugal in about 6months or so. I plan to make up my own flash cards, using words and phrases I want to remember.
We recommend BBC Active Portuguese which consists of 2 CDs and a book. It's on offer at £14.99 from the BBC website.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Michel Thomas Method

Hello

You might want to try the Michel Thomas Method - which is a purely audio approach to building a knowledge of the language. It helps you learn Portuguese in the way that you learned your native language. Foundation & Advanced courses available from Amazon / ebay etc. You can copy to an MPs player.

Online visit learningportuguese.co.uk

Boa sorte!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hello

You might want to try the Michel Thomas Method - which is a purely audio approach to building a knowledge of the language. It helps you learn Portuguese in the way that you learned your native language. Foundation & Advanced courses available from Amazon / ebay etc. You can copy to an MPs player.

Online visit learningportuguese.co.uk

Boa sorte!
Thank Marian, but I need to see it as well as listen due to hearing clarity problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts