Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am interested in learning german langauage.
But do not have time to attend classroom training.
Please let me know good online german teaching link.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi,
I am interested in learning german langauage.
But do not have time to attend classroom training.
Please let me know good online german teaching link.
Hi, I just did a Google search for you and it seems you even have a Goethe Institute in your city! But of course, if you cannot attend classroom training, then some virtual exposure would help.

I have just found this for you...its from the Deutsche Welle Radio and it offers free online courses at various different levels, however I just checked this for you and it is all in German already...so good if you have at least some minimal understanding of the language:
German Courses | DW.DE
Deutsch Interaktiv | DW.DE

I would also encourage you to put headphones on and listen to German radio stations via the Internet... :music: ...even while doing work on your computer.
Or search the Internet for podcasts, perhaps something for learning the language.

I found this one of the most powerful ways to learning a foreign language...it gives you a good feel for it and you'd be surprised how much you actually absorb unconsciously.

But then again, if you are an absolute beginner, you may want to find something where they teach the language by both writing and speaking.

If you have any question about anything, or need help with words or grammar, feel free to contact me or post in this thread for me or others to help out.

Viel Glück

·
Registered
2 Posts
language

To a learn a language you will have to make time to study that language. It does not matter which kind of website you use, if you are not prepared to put the time in, it will not happen. Have you maybe thought talking about this to your employer? Often managers are quite supportive when they see a member of staff really wants to learn and can make some time available for you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To a learn a language you will have to make time to study that language. It does not matter which kind of website you use, if you are not prepared to put the time in, it will not happen. Have you maybe thought talking about this to your employer? Often managers are quite supportive when they see a member of staff really wants to learn and can make some time available for you.
Hi Flyingbird,
I do have time to read through website or books. I said that i do not have time to attend classroom training. I guess I am clear this time.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hi Flyingbird,
I do have time to read through website or books. I said that i do not have time to attend classroom training. I guess I am clear this time.
Buddy,

Try out duolingo.com and busuu.com!!

Their courses are much more relaxed and you would get to learn the language without the associated strain.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Flyingbird,
Classroom training for language learning is highly inefficient.

I would recommend the following books & audio.

Assimil German with ease (book+audio)
Hugo German in 3 months, Hugo german advanced.
Living language German beginner-intermediate
Living language German Advanced.

And also Duolingo

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would advise you even watching TV series and movies with the german dubbing, so in the context of the rest, but thanks to all the time you have contact with the language even if you do not live in Germany.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for your suggestions.
It is really helping me.
I am currently using Duolingo and it looks amazing.

Guten Tag!!!
Arun

1 - 10 of 10 Posts