1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
841 Posts
In Paphos, as far as I know it is really limited and even in other cities most services are offered in the hospitals or at home. Most families I know of here care for their family members at home. A couple families I know who have adult children (in their 40's) with down syndrome have them living at home with no plans to change that. I'm sure I'll be corrected if someone knows of something for you though.
Even learning disabilites such as Aspergers, Autism, ADHD, biploar etc. in my opinion still seem to have a bit of a stigma attached and families have to find help on their own through private psychologists rather than through the school system - here in Paphos anyway. Perhaps Kimonas will know more about this, however, it depends what age you are looking for and what type of disability you need help with.

·
Registered
650 Posts
thanks for info but i meant people who have mental health problems really but am gratefull for link thankyou
In one of the Greek papers or magazines there was a list a few days ago. I doubt I kept it but I would say check with social services, the health ministry as they most probably have to regulate them. The only thing I remember is that a few of them seemed very small - less than 10 residents.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks

In Paphos, as far as I know it is really limited and even in other cities most services are offered in the hospitals or at home. Most families I know of here care for their family members at home. A couple families I know who have adult children (in their 40's) with down syndrome have them living at home with no plans to change that. I'm sure I'll be corrected if someone knows of something for you though.
Even learning disabilites such as Aspergers, Autism, ADHD, biploar etc. in my opinion still seem to have a bit of a stigma attached and families have to find help on their own through private psychologists rather than through the school system - here in Paphos anyway. Perhaps Kimonas will know more about this, however, it depends what age you are looking for and what type of disability you need help with.
thankyou so much for information
barbara

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.