Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty new to this forum. I'am also looking to immigrate to australia and was wondering if anyone has applied and has been successful as an L&D professional.

I've seen just one post where the person was unsuccessful hence the curiosity. How easy or hard is it to find Learning jobs there, lots of sites like seek.au do post jobs but do they consider immigrants for learning positions.

another query i have is : has anyone gone through immigration consultants by name of "Future in australia migration services & visa processing", can one apply directly instead of going through a mara agent.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guys can i have some responses to my query, am pretty sure we have some others who have applied on 223311 and have settled. L&D professionals seem few in the forum hence the need to get together under this post.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi Ravi,

I am also an L&D Professional. I am preparing for IELTS now. After clearing will apply for EOI. As far L&D is concerned, i hope there might be opening through out Australia (checked thro' websites and received emails from employers-previously). I have checked the ceiling, it was 1620 and filled was around 17-18 only.

So all the best!!!

thanks
Canchi.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi,

Im also a L&D professional, preparing documents to apply ACT state sponsorship.
I hope we have Job opportunities in ACT.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi Praks,

Have you cleared your Skill assessment and IELTS. what's the score and ow many points do you have.

Lets get it touch as we are in the same boat of Professionals.

thanks
Canchi.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Mohd,

I got positive outcome in skill assessment and cleared IELTS with score of 7 in each band.

Thanks
Praks

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi,

Got positive outcome in Vetassess and trying for SA, before that i need to clear IELTS...

i think we could get in touch with Ravi also, and share some of these.

BTW where are you from?

thanks
Mohd.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi,

Our occupation is in "special conditions apply" for SA, hence we cant apply for SA SS. Our only hope now is with ACT

I am from Chennai, TN, India.

Thanks
Praks

·
Registered
154 Posts
OOPs...so in that case i need to wait for revising the ceilings, because of the steps involved..but how the ceiling are fully fiiled up (1620)?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Happy to see that am not alone:) thanks Canchi and Praks for your responses. I'am yet to make a decision given the concern of L&D jobs in ACT. While i see loads of opportunities in VIC & NSW - sadly the states are not sponsoring our skill. You guys have any contacts in canberra who can give us some live information?, hopefully some of our senior expats are having a look at our predicament and would help us with some information.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi Praks/Sai,

Any updates on the ceilings on other states for 223311 job code. Please let me know. I would be good if you guys kindly share your Mob. no through PM.

thanks
Mohd.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Help Please

Hi Praks/Sai,

Any updates on the ceilings on other states for 223311 job code. Please let me know. I would be good if you guys kindly share your Mob. no through PM.

thanks
Mohd.
Hi All,

I am Ashish and looking for information against this job code for my BIL who wants to migrate to Australia under this job code. After having a look at your discussion and cehcking the website that was given in the link I ama little confused. :(
1. What is ACT first of all?
2. What states come under SA?
3. I see that you have already given your IELTS and got your skills assessed. Is that mandatory beforehand or one should wait for seats to open?
4. My BIL has around 8 years of experience but 1sst 4 years are in a technical support + trainer. rest of the 4 years as trainer with educational firms.
5. What documents are required to get the skills assessed?

Appreciate the time help from you.
Regards

·
Registered
154 Posts
"Hi All,

I am Ashish and looking for information against this job code for my BIL who wants to migrate to Australia under this job code. After having a look at your discussion and cehcking the website that was given in the link I ama little confused. :(
1. What is ACT first of all? "Australian Capital Territory"
2. What states come under SA? Its a state, But Adelaide City comes under SA
3. I see that you have already given your IELTS and got your skills assessed. Is that mandatory beforehand or one should wait for seats to open? Its better to be done before, if you dont want to waste time.
4. My BIL has around 8 years of experience but 1sst 4 years are in a technical support + trainer. rest of the 4 years as trainer with educational firms. No Idea
5. What documents are required to get the skills assessed? from education till date (all documents which you feel its supportive)

Appreciate the time help from you.
Regards"

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Canchi and Praks: looking at the limited opportunities for us in ACT, we decided to go through with my wife being the primary, she is into IT security and we are targetting melbourne for SS.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi All,

I am an L&D professional and received my grant in September thru SA (while it was still available), please feel free to shoot any questions, will be happy to answer.

Am yet to make the move, currently employed in Dubai, and looking at a couple of years to finally move.

Earl

Sent from my HTC One using Expat Forum

1 - 20 of 163 Posts