Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi expats,, just asking if anybody can recommend a lawyer in the Nerja, Almeria area as myself and my partner are planning to buy a small property and retire. We are very new to the buying process and would very much like some recommendations.
:confused::fingerscrossed:

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Hi expats,, just asking if anybody can recommend a lawyer in the Nerja, Almeria area as myself and my partner are planning to buy a small property and retire. We are very new to the buying process and would very much like some recommendations.
:confused::fingerscrossed:
I would strongly recommend you take the time to rent first. If only so that you can get a feel for the areas, you can assess what you really want from a place in Spain, find out first hand any pitfalls and of course you can then learn about house buying, abogados (/lawyers) etc

Jo xxx

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lawyers, Nerja/ Almeria

Hi Jo , thanks for the reply :) Yes , we plan to come out to Nerja in January for a month to start with just to get a feel for the area , suss out estate agents etc., and was kinda hoping to find something within the month,,,, if not , we will come back out for a month in Feb or March and maybe try further up into Almeria. But hey,, thanks for the advice,,it makes good sense,. Problem is ,,now we've sold up here in the UK,, we are basically homeless, and is costing a fortune to private rent. The sooner we can make the move,, the better :D

Thanks again Jo,, and have a good day ,,

Terry x

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Hi Jo , thanks for the reply :) Yes , we plan to come out to Nerja in January for a month to start with just to get a feel for the area , suss out estate agents etc., and was kinda hoping to find something within the month,,,, if not , we will come back out for a month in Feb or March and maybe try further up into Almeria. But hey,, thanks for the advice,,it makes good sense,. Problem is ,,now we've sold up here in the UK,, we are basically homeless, and is costing a fortune to private rent. The sooner we can make the move,, the better :D

Thanks again Jo,, and have a good day ,,

Terry x
House prices arent going up in Spain, so maybe come and rent sooner rather than later. From there you can look around at leisure

Jo xxx

·
Registered
915 Posts
Jo Jo is right, it might be best to rent a place before buying. There are bargains about. Nerja is an expensive place to buy because it is a beautiful town. However, there are places out of the town to check out houses or apartments. Torrox is just a few kilometres away. Housing there is much cheaper than Nerja. If you go inland there are some beautiful places for sale and really quite cheap.
Now, the first thing you should do before you start looking is to find a lawyer. If you PM me I know the best lawyer in Nerja. In our area there is an estate agent who is reputable. They have been on the TV program A Place in the Sun.
One thing not to do is rush into something. Take your time and find the property you really like.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts