Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I mean someone who is acting for us, not both parties. We have someone in London, but they cost a fortune! Last time, they saved us from buying a completely unsaleable house. He read through all the documents and checked everything. It was very much worth doing and we'd like to do it again. If we have to, we will use him. I just wondered if there might be a cheaper alternative.
thank you for replying.

·
Registered
'you can take the boy out of Sarf London, but you can't take Sarf London outta the boy'
1,743 Posts
I used a delightful lady in plymouth for my first purchase in the aude in 2000 and then again when we sold and purchased here in the centre in 2010.

She was french born, and a registered notary, but just after we used her for the second time, she had to shut up shop due to the soaring cost of limited liability insurance etc.

I am not sure cheaper alternatives exist any more. I think i only paid around five hundred quid back then, snd she was worth her weight in gold.

Try some of the ads in something like connexion , you may find cheaper outdide of the smoke, but dont count on it. I also found a firm in ashford kent back then and they were way mor expensive.

Good luck...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What a shame about your lawyer having to stop. She sounds as though she'd have been ideal. Oh well, I guess we will just have to pay a fortune!! It's too important to do without one.

Thank you again.

·
Registered
'you can take the boy out of Sarf London, but you can't take Sarf London outta the boy'
1,743 Posts
What a shame about your lawyer having to stop. She sounds as though she'd have been ideal. Oh well, I guess we will just have to pay a fortune!! It's too important to do without one.

Thank you again.
I just remembered her name and googled it, and it looks like she is still in business, although maybe not for propert transactions. It might still be worth contacting her.
Not sure if i can post her name so i will PM....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts