Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A real estate agent in Barcelona told me that Spain is requiring all apartment buildings to install lifts when there is the space to do so. She said the deadline is many years from now. I have not been able to find any information on the Internet about it.. Has anyone heard about this? Or is the agent misinformed?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I haven't heard of it but if it is true someone on here will know. A popular make of lifts here is Schindlers. I call them The Schindlers Lift

·
Registered
19,395 Posts
A real estate agent in Barcelona told me that Spain is requiring all apartment buildings to install lifts when there is the space to do so. She said the deadline is many years from now. I have not been able to find any information on the Internet about it.. Has anyone heard about this? Or is the agent misinformed?
I don't know, but there was a law a few years ago stating that where possible all buildings should be accesible to disabled people so many places, including my MIL's building got stairlifts, ramps etc installed.Maybe she was referring to that?

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
I don't know, but there was a law a few years ago stating that where possible all buildings should be accesible to disabled people so many places, including my MIL's building got stairlifts, ramps etc installed.Maybe she was referring to that?
We have been tentatively pricing up stairlifts for when the m-i-l decides that it is too much trouble to do the one flight between her floor and the ground floor.

·
Registered
15,745 Posts
I hope it's true, but where is the money going to come from? Our ayuntamiento put new lifts on the outside of two of its 60's-built apartment buildings a few years ago, but ran out of money before they could do the other six. There are old people on the fourth (top) floor who haven't left their apartments for years. Their relatives have to bring in the shopping for them.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At this point I am feeling the agent either didn't know what she was talking about, or lied to us. If anyone ever hears anything about a law like this, please let me know. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts