Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
I shall squeeze my post in between all the other replies :lol:.

I play golf but have played only a handful times at Lauro over the 14 years I have lived here. I very seldom play, as I grudge paying the over inflated prices at all of the courses around where I live (Parador & Guadalhorse included). A while back I made enquiries about joining Lauro as I had been a member of a good club in Aberdeen before. I do not remember the exact costs but it was about 6 times dearer than I payed in the UK and you still had to pay something every time you played :yield:

For me, the best value golf is on the 9 hole par 3 course at Guadalhorse. It costs 20E and they do not really say if that is for 9 holes or 18 or more? :tape2::mod:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I shall squeeze my post in between all the other replies :lol:.

I play golf but have played only a handful times at Lauro over the 14 years I have lived here. I very seldom play, as I grudge paying the over inflated prices at all of the courses around where I live (Parador & Guadalhorse included). A while back I made enquiries about joining Lauro as I had been a member of a good club in Aberdeen before. I do not remember the exact costs but it was about 6 times dearer than I payed in the UK and you still had to pay something every time you played :yield:

For me, the best value golf is on the 9 hole par 3 course at Guadalhorse. It costs 20E and they do not really say if that is for 9 holes or 18 or more? :tape2::mod:
Thank you for your reply, I did not expect many :) I will have to give the course you mention a try.

It was just that I am living very close to Lauro Golf. I know golf in Spain is expensive but it was just as expensive where I lived in England, apart from a few municipal courses that really were not that good.

I looked on the Lauro website and thought some of the offers were not that bad. 20 GF 640€ that's about £28 a round and I used to pay around that in UK.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I used to live round the corner from Lauro golf, in a village called L'Alquira. It was struggling when we were there, my neighbour played alot, eventho he said the fees were very high. But that was 3-4 years ago now. It actually seemed like it could have been lovely. It had lots of properties (mostly empty), a swimming pool, poolside bar, restaurant, little shop (closed).....

Jo xxx

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used to live round the corner from Lauro golf, in a village called L'Alquira. It was struggling when we were there, my neighbour played alot, eventho he said the fees were very high. But that was 3-4 years ago now. It actually seemed like it could have been lovely. It had lots of properties (mostly empty), a swimming pool, poolside bar, restaurant, little shop (closed).....

Jo xxx
Hi Jo that is where I am renting a property, L'Alqueria. The restaurant is doing very well, there is another nice little bar that I rather like. There is a shop that is open, a little school, and a station, but no railway line since 1965! :) It is lovely and from the people I speak to it is doing OK now. It is not far from la torre or el grande so everything you need is there, even an English shop that sells chicken balti! :)

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Hi Jo that is where I am renting a property, L'Alqueria. The restaurant is doing very well, there is another nice little bar that I rather like. There is a shop that is open, a little school, and a station, but no railway line since 1965! :) It is lovely and from the people I speak to it is doing OK now. It is not far from la torre or el grande so everything you need is there, even an English shop that sells chicken balti! :)

Yes, there was a funny little "supermarket" with live chicken outside in crates. We lived down a steep road, opposite the guzmans nursery on the way to de la Torre, that road used to flood quite regularly!

Jo xxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts