Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello- I'm here from the US interning for 6 weeks with a PR agency by the Burj Khalifa- however, I'm living at the Centro Barsha near the Mall of the Emirates. The hotel charges way too much for laundry, both for casual clothes (tshirts, boxers, socks) and for button down dress shirts. Does anyone have suggestions as to wear I can do this stuff or get it down for cheapish?

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
Part of me wants to be mean... The place probly has a washer/dryer combo no??? Have you already settled into the artificial fake lifestyle of being crippled westerner in dubai that you cant even manage to do your own clothes?? But then... There is a part of me that wants to be nice to you poor new soul as you are going to be running around bringing people tea and wiping their ass for 6 weeks on an 'intern'.

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/du...iving-dubai/97718-dry-cleaning-near-difc.html

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Part of me wants to be mean... The place probly has a washer/dryer combo no??? Have you already settled into the artificial fake lifestyle of being crippled westerner in dubai that you cant even manage to do your own clothes?? But then... There is a part of me that wants to be nice to you poor new soul as you are going to be running around bringing people tea and wiping their ass for 6 weeks on an 'intern'.

------

No, the place does not have a washer/dryer combo. It is a hotel room. The hotel has laundry service, but it came out to 200 Dhs for a light week of laundry. So no, I haven't settled into the "fake lifestyle of being a crippled westerner." I also am not going to be "wiping ass," as I just graduated from the best school in the US for my major, and a week and a half in I am integrated with the team already. But thanks for your kind advice...

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've already settled into the artificial fake lifestyle of being crippled westerner in dubai! :D
Unless I can find an American style washer/dryer.
I absolutely hate the combo gizmo!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
5 Stars Laundry - They are located across the street from the Subway and behind the Holiday Inn (Al Barsha).
They have always done a good job for me and they have even delivered to my hotel room (when I stayed in a nearby hotel). If that isn't a kick in the groin to the hotel, I don't know what is as I gave them the laundry in the hotel's laundry bag :D

·
Registered
374 Posts

------

No, the place does not have a washer/dryer combo. It is a hotel room. The hotel has laundry service, but it came out to 200 Dhs for a light week of laundry. So no, I haven't settled into the "fake lifestyle of being a crippled westerner." I also am not going to be "wiping ass," as I just graduated from the best school in the US for my major, and a week and a half in I am integrated with the team already. But thanks for your kind advice...
Satirical mode = ON
Best School, integrated with the team in one week... sounds like we should be the ones brown-nosing. Me first :eyebrows:
Satirical mode = OFF

Hey Chris, don't pay attention to Jinxy here, she's exceeded her Dubai shelf life :boxing:

Not sure about actual laundr-o-matic type places in Barsha, as I've never used them, but there are a couple of Laundry Services just around your hotel.

If you are going out of Centro, facing SZR (you should see the ABC veterinary Clinic in front of you) there is one in the building to your left behind you.

If you cross the street, make a right towards Mall of Emirates and the take the first left, there is another one there on your left hand side, just past Al Rayaan Supermarket I believe.

Do check with the hotel though, they might be using one of these allready ;)

On another note, tonight is the "Burger Night" at Centro (99 AED, All you can eat burger and fries, freshly made (Chicken, beef or mushroom patty) 2 beers and deserts/salad included). My brother and I were thinking about going, so if we do end up going, and you'd care to join :D

·
Registered
394 Posts
Well, you better get off that best school high horse if you wanna do great. Intern = make sure you get your boss a good cup of Joe every morning, it goes a long way than anything else you do in 6 weeks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.