Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

The latest visa bulletin (July 2015) states that for EB3 and rest of the world, the priority date is April 2015. How does one infer the waiting time from this, if let's say my petition for green card was filed yesterday?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
It gives an idea about the ranges for the various categories. Individuals being sponsored have better access to their status.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I sort of wanted to gauge how long one would need to wait if say they filed an application yesterday, with a priority date of April 2015. Does it imply a 3 month waiting time or roundabouts there?

·
Registered
985 Posts
Thanks. I sort of wanted to gauge how long one would need to wait if say they filed an application yesterday, with a priority date of April 2015. Does it imply a 3 month waiting time or roundabouts there?

Yes, that's exactly what it does. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems too good to be true haha. Aren't there any obstacles other than the wait time? Like are employers usually willing to petition for the green card?

I might get a L1b transfer visa next year and transfer to my company's USA office. What sort of obstacles would I face to get a green card from there?

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Seems too good to be true haha. Aren't there any obstacles other than the wait time? Like are employers usually willing to petition for the green card?

I might get a L1b transfer visa next year and transfer to my company's USA office. What sort of obstacles would I face to get a green card from there?
First you have to qualify for L1. It is up to your employer to sponsor a Green Card.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts