Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear friends,
I got mail rom Diac which is about my application status.But i hope the current situation will come to end in this month end..

Apart from providing all the required documents, a number of verifications
checks are undertaken before an application is finalized. Any document or
information that has been supplied with the application may be referred for
checking and may relate to English language, identity, relationship,
education, employment. Some checks are undertaken directly from this
office, some by posts, some by other agencies acting on our behalf. In
some instances the checking process may take longer than agreed service
standards. Our office is not provided with details on why the checking
process is delayed.

When the changes to the Ministerial Direction was introduced on 23
September 2009, the above-mentioned application was still awaiting
verification checks outcome. Applications with State and Territory
nomination whose nominated occupation is not listed on the Critical Skills
List is no longer the highest priority. The Adelaide Skilled Processing
Centre (ASPC) is developing procedures to process applications in
accordance with this new Direction. Applicants with nominated occupations
on the Critical Skills List (CSL) will be given the highest priority as
required, and that is where the ASPC will be focussing its attention. Once
the ASPC has established processing arrangements for CSL cases, we will be
in a position to provide further advice, which, hopefully can be done by
the end of October 2009.

So please be hope all the best

Ritu

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hallo rithu1234.................

Thanks to you for posting that plea.
Its a little relief for those waiting visa and also to people on process.
Please keep in touch.
I think myself you and one malik are in the same boat.
Regards
Hari999999

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
HI Ritu

Thanks for sharing, from what i can understand, they are working on applications but will have a clearer picture post october.

Thanks again

cheers
anj

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
I also think the DIAC processing staff are just now implementing the new procedures based on the 23 Sep priority list. TBH their job probably got harder because of the priority lists.

HI Ritu

Thanks for sharing, from what i can understand, they are working on applications but will have a clearer picture post october.

Thanks again

cheers
anj

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
i suppose. But i still do not understand why are they taking out a new MODL if they dont plan to process the MODL apps. Does it make sense to u Amaslam? I mean they have put MODL on hold forever now, only if they plan to start processing the MODLs would they come out with a new list. and why would a state sponsor an application/skill if they cant get the person in their state for 3 years. Thats what someone form ACT said as well, we were told 1-3 years but things are unclear but we are assuming one yr tops,
Maybe I am thinking positive and dont want to accept they will take 2-3 yrs for non CSL ss apps. doesnt make sense at all.

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Anj:

Yes, they can do new MODL, but also note the new priority processing as well. Basically it works out to:

1. Those who are sponsored and have a job offer
2. Those who are sponsored but no job offer
3. Those who aren't sponsored but on CSL
4. Those who aren't sponsored but on MODL
5. Everyone else

So by fiddling with the MODL maybe they move some of the (4)s to (5)s.

I think at this point those who are < 2 months processing left will get processed as normal, but those with > 2 months processing left would get moved around bit based on the processing list they have now.

I bet there will be people just wishing for the good old days when you had no priority but still got it in 18 months. Now it's ... don't know anymore.

I think the holidays hit in about 1.5 months and then expect nothing out of DIAC but quiet till Feb (and of course those inevitable "when am I getting my visa?" posts on the forum).

i suppose. But i still do not understand why are they taking out a new MODL if they dont plan to process the MODL apps. Does it make sense to u Amaslam? I mean they have put MODL on hold forever now, only if they plan to start processing the MODLs would they come out with a new list. and why would a state sponsor an application/skill if they cant get the person in their state for 3 years. Thats what someone form ACT said as well, we were told 1-3 years but things are unclear but we are assuming one yr tops,
Maybe I am thinking positive and dont want to accept they will take 2-3 yrs for non CSL ss apps. doesnt make sense at all.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dear friends,
I just come to know that from some other forum,i want to share with all now the current situations in Diac application processing status is
Current Caseload
- From July 2009 to 30 September 2009 approx 22,000 grants have been made
- ASPC has 105,000 GSM applicantions
- BSPC has 30,000 GSM applicantions
- There are approximately 28,000 subclass 485 applications waiting for decision
- Outstanding non-CSL cases at ASPC:
o 3,500: State Nomimated
o 12,500: MODL
o 15,500: Other

An icreased number of ENS applications are expected, 17000 more than planned.

There MODL was scheduled for a review some time in the month of October 2009, however due to some reasons it did not happen. Now the same is likely to be reviewed in the month of November 2009.

In the review some of the occupations may be deleted or added and when the same come into effect the CSL category shall get phased out.

So we have to wait for the new modl changes...
Thanks
Ritu

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
and also continues...

In the new MODL, which is expected to be announced next month (November), the Minister can specify that

(a) a certain occupation will be considered a MODL occupation for a specific visa class,. Say, only for Class VB, onshore Skilled (Residence) visas
(b) a specific occupation will be considered a MODL occupation for a specific visa subclass within a visa class, say, for subclass 176 (state sponsored) only within visa class VE
(c) an occupation will be a MODL occupation by reference to specific characteristic like requiring applicant to have proficient English. (say the occupation Accountant with IELTS score of 7 or more)

The effective date of 22nd September suggests that we may expect the above mentioned details and characteristics for MODL occupations in the new MODL to be announced soon.

Also, I wont be surprised if the CSL, which we understood from previous announcement is to be phased out, is built into the new MODL, at least for some occupations.

I am sure my fellow migration agents who visit this forum will be able to give further valuable input on this.

November is not far away. Hope we will get answers to many of our queries soon.
Australian Immigration - Legislation Change Update

Thanks for original poster...

Ritu

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
@ Amaslam
Well, its just a wait and watch scenario. I am not bothered much, its been one year + for me and after sometime one gets immune to things :).

@ Ritu
Thanks for sharing. lets see what they come out with

·
Registered
541 Posts
rithu 1234.............
Reading your details posted making some kind of speedy movements from the part of Diac.
I think you can hear a good news in the end of October as seen in plea reply
..............................................................................................................................................
My Time Line
Agent applied April 2007
TRA Positive September 2007
IELTS Pased January 2008
Applied Visa 175 April 2008 (Paper visa MODL, CSL ,)
Received File no: November 2008
Got CO and Medicals July 2009
MEDICALS and PCC finalized July 30th 2009
Waiting for Visa.???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts