Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to the original poster.

This just in from the Migration Institute of Australia, good news for some:

Processing times: General Skilled Migration (GSM)

Brisbane Skilled Processing Centre

State and territory Nomination (STN) applications are taking most of their time. Few if any Critical Skills List (CSL) applications are being processed at the moment.

Adelaide Skilled Processing Centre

In a 'typical' week in the ASPC they allocate around 700 GSM applications - approx 450 STN, 150 CSL and 100 not covered by the S499 direction. They allocate STN applications within 10 days of approving the nomination and they are currently allocating CSL applications lodged between November 2008 and January 2009, depending on the processing team.
Processing teams deal with applicants from particular countries or regions. Examples of the current differences in processing teams for CSL applications can be seen in the following dates for allocation to case officers:

• UK electronic applications: February 2009
• UK paper applications: January 2009
• China electronic applications: December 2008
• China paper applications: November 2008

Both GSM processing centres provide a weekly email update of some processing times. Just send a blank email (no subject heading or message) to: [email protected] and [email protected].

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hi thanks for your post,
I am from india,state sponsored application ,Anybody tell aprox time for getting visa...
Ritu

·
Registered
1,010 Posts

State and territory Nomination (STN) applications are taking most of their time. Few if any Critical Skills List (CSL) applications are being processed at the moment.

In a 'typical' week in the ASPC they allocate around 700 GSM applications - approx 450 STN, 150 CSL and 100 not covered by the S499 direction. They allocate STN applications within 10 days of approving the nomination and they are currently allocating CSL applications lodged between November 2008 and January 2009, depending on the processing team.
Processing teams deal with applicants from particular countries or regions. Examples of the current differences in processing teams for CSL applications can be seen in the following dates for allocation to case officers:

Both GSM processing centres provide a weekly email update of some processing times. Just send a blank email (no subject heading or message) to: [email protected] and [email protected].
hey bannie...thanks for the updates...

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi bannie

i have applied for visa subclass 175 under critical list(for Accountant ) on 13th april 2009, and the online status still shows processing commenced till today that is 27th aug 2009, how long will it take any idea for the co officer to be submitted. i checked with my agent and they told me that they have started with the CSL list but they are randomly picking the Applications for processing, they are not going by the lodgement date, so we can't tell how long to wait, they also told me that do not do the medicals and police clearance , let us get a call for the medicals, so a bit confused as to where can we actually get the exact processing schedule for the applications. the aspc link is bull**** it does not shows the visa class we have applied for that is 175, it shows all the other visa class but not the one we are looking for/ what to do ? any clue's or links i can refer to.

thanks

Mack

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have applied for visa subclass 175 under critical list(for Accountant ) on 13th april 2009, and the online status still shows processing commenced till today that is 27th aug 2009, how long will it take any idea for the co officer to be submitted. i checked with my agent and they told me that they have started with the CSL list but they are randomly picking the Applications for processing, they are not going by the lodgement date, so we can't tell how long to wait, they also told me that do not do the medicals and police clearance , let us get a call for the medicals, so a bit confused as to where can we actually get the exact processing schedule for the applications. the aspc link is bull**** it does not shows the visa class we have applied for that is 175, it shows all the other visa class but not the one we are looking for/ what to do ? any clue's or links i can refer to.

thanks

Mack
This information is not published by me, it has been sent to registered Migration Agents by Migration Institute of Australia. I came across this information in another forum and thought it would be useful to people in this forum. I can't any of your questions. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
49 Posts
do u know anybody who has filed their paper in 2009 and their online status has changed from processing commenced to further processing and after how long did it take to get a CO alloted , even i am an indian and based in dubai at the moment and filed my papers from here in dubai. anybody with further processing on their online status.

thanks

mack

·
Registered
49 Posts
hi bannie

do u know anybody who has filed their paper in 2009 and their online status has changed from processing commenced to further processing and after that how long did it take to get a CO alloted , even i am an indian and based in dubai at the moment and filed my papers from here in dubai. anybody with further processing on their online status. and waiting for a case officer. pls let me know.

thanks

mack

thanks

Mack

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
do u know anybody who has filed their paper in 2009 and their online status has changed from processing commenced to further processing and after that how long did it take to get a CO alloted , even i am an indian and based in dubai at the moment and filed my papers from here in dubai. anybody with further processing on their online status. and waiting for a case officer. pls let me know.

thanks

mack
I have no idea mate, in fact no one can answer questions related to time line. Looking at the information sent by MIA it does look like they are currently processing CSL applications lodged between Dec-08 and Feb-09. :rolleyes:

This information is not published by me, it has been sent to registered Migration Agents by Migration Institute of Australia. I came across this information in another forum and thought it would be useful to people in this forum. I can't answer any questions. :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts