• will start reducing

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I could not stop writing this thread as I am seriously preparing to migrate to Oz. What you think about the recent attack on an Indian in Australia that claimed the top spots of the media?

Is it that tough for indians in Oz? Or is it the media giving over coverage?

I just dont want an argument but lets look the facts..

Take care

Karthik

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi Karthik:

There isn't a general answer for this. For now I would say it's tough for some Indians in Melbourne. I certainly think media is giving lots of coverage. I am fine with coverage, it's only when opinion and generalisations are taken as fact that I get upset with the coverage.

I live in Sydney and the same things don't seem to be happening here. Will this sort of thing happen again, yes I think it will, only because the Indian population is growing AU and therefore statistically this will happen again.

What I am in the dark about is, compared to ALL crimes what proportion is happening to Indians or other migrant groups. I would like to see this type of factual information printed in the coverage.

Once this is known then the next question becomes, is the proportion of crime greater due to the race of the person or other circumstances (i.e. new migrants live in neighborhoods that have more crime than most of the city).

There is another thread running about this with lots of discussion.

Guys,

I could not stop writing this thread as I am seriously preparing to migrate to Oz. What you think about the recent attack on an Indian in Australia that claimed the top spots of the media?

Is it that tough for indians in Oz? Or is it the media giving over coverage?

I just dont want an argument but lets look the facts..

Take care

Karthik

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi amaslam!
Thanks for your thoughts. Will see those threads as well. I know these sort of issues cannot be generalised, still i am driven by the curiosity to know how i will feel about that when i land in australia.

Thanks again! Best Regards
Karthik

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.