Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the protocol is for having a Will drawn up in Egypt but making sure that Sharia law either does not apply or works in my favour? And that a 2013 Egyptian Will supersedes any UK Will drawn up before that date.

Just found out from my UK solicitor that my ex-wife can contest my UK Will even if the worst happens years after the divorce. I need to make sure that my family here in Egypt are looked after.

I've got assets in the UK and off-shore and here in Egypt that I want to go where I choose.

If nobody knows for sure 100% please could anyone recommend a decent lawyer here in Egypt - I don't mind the cost; I just need cast iron legitimate guidance.

Thanks to all.

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
Does anyone know what the protocol is for having a Will drawn up in Egypt but making sure that Sharia law either does not apply or works in my favour? And that a 2013 Egyptian Will supersedes any UK Will drawn up before that date.

Just found out from my UK solicitor that my ex-wife can contest my UK Will even if the worst happens years after the divorce. I need to make sure that my family here in Egypt are looked after.

I've got assets in the UK and off-shore and here in Egypt that I want to go where I choose.

If nobody knows for sure 100% please could anyone recommend a decent lawyer here in Egypt - I don't mind the cost; I just need cast iron legitimate guidance.

Thanks to all.
There is a sticky at the top of page "Living in Egypt" have a scroll through there and you will find something about inheritance laws in Egypt. Can't recommend a decent or trustworthy lawyer....they are as rare as hens teeth in Egypt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts