Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only a few weeks to go to our appointment, we have mostly everything together but suddenly stuck with worry about our financial evidence..

I have a letter from my employer confirming I work there, when I started, my job title, employment type and current salary. I have the last 6 month's payslips and corresponding bank statements. I have been at the same job for 6 years, My current salary meets the financial requirements.

My worry is I had a slight pay rise last October, so 9 months ago from the date of our visa application appointment. My salary before also met the financial requirements.

Should I...
1) ask my employer to redo the letter to state when this pay increase occurred and the previous salary or would it be better to...

2) have my employer and in the form state my old salary instead or...

3) is it ok as it is just stating my current salary with the 6 months of payslips and bank statement that confirm the current amount.

My p60 from last year is shows my old salary amount.

I don't want to over complicate or confuse things by over explaining but I also want to make sure the info I give has no room for doubt,

The current hot weather's sleepless night is given me plenty of time to worry over our application:)

Thanks for any advice:)

·
Registered
315 Posts
As you're applying under Category A and your salary has been the same for the past 6 months, then a salary increase that occurred 9 months ago is of no consequence. It doesn't hurt for the employment letter to state when you started being on your current salary, so if it gives you peace of mind get them to add that.

P60 is useful to confirm you've been earning above the required amount during the period you're relying upon, which is clearly the case.

Stop over thinking things, it sounds like you're all sorted. Just ensure that the most recent pay slip/bank statement and employer letter are all dated within 28 days of your appointment.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,

I have exactly the same situation as you. I asked my employer to include the the date of my last pay rise in their letter which they did. It gave me peace of mind! Like Hippoman says though, it shouldn't really matter...but you may as well if you can ...it's only an extra sentence and if you're like me you'll probably just obsess about it if you don't!

I wish you all the luck for your application - it sounds like you've got a good one together.

All the best,

Emita

(Our papers were submitted today!)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks:) I'm sure i'm overthinking things, I read through the financial requirements guides last night, I feel more at ease. We going to take extra evidence with us in case and may get a line added to the letter for peace of mind:)

Good luck with your application Emita:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.