Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nearly ready to send in my spouse visa re-application. I have a couple questions--

Since I have too many docs for a regular legal size UPS card cardboard envelope--is it ok to send in a UPS bubble envelope? It doesn't give specs on what to use on the UK.gov website.

I know I shouldn't use paperclips or staples---I'm going to put a large rubber band around the entire pile of paper. Would that be alright?

I have put my relationship photos, old and current passport, and visa photos all in a ziploc bag. Does that seem to make sense?

Sorry...but after a refusal...I need to get this right! Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another thing...I've been reading I need to send originals of everything except my sponsors passport bio page. Is that the case? Bank statements and pay slips are copies that have been stamped as authentic. I have a copy of the tenancy agreement because the original is kept at the rental mgmt company.

I'm a bit worried about sending copies of anything now.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I used the bubble envelope!

Rubber band seems fine to me.

Ziplock with passports and passport photo should be great.

I think it has been suggested to attach photos to A4 paper with captions. Might want to make copies since they may want to keep them.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Mmerya. Just for clarification...am I sending one pile of originals and another identical pile of copies??

·
Registered
86 Posts
Stamped bank statements are perfect! Relax! Send that labor of love! Lol!

Reactions: JoJo100

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know I seem nutty--but I'm having a last minute freak out. Do I need to send two piles of paper? Originals pile and identical copies pile?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi JoJo 100,
Good luck with it all.
I am also in a last minute panic..aaa.
You need one pile of originals and one pile of photocopies ...same order as original doc.

If you have time copy one pile for yourself so you know what you have sent. If you don't have time just make a list of what you have sent.

Once again good luck x

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
If you have time copy one pile for yourself so you know what you have sent. If you don't have time just make a list of what you have sent.
I'd always recommend making a complete set of copies for yourself. What if somehow your package was lost? It would be easier to rebuild everything if you have copies of the documents to work from.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok. So, the copied pile is just for my reference? I am not sending them two piles. I assume they will send all originals back?

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
No, you need three sets.

Originals and copies for them, a set of copies for yourself. If you only send originals, they'll keep anything they want (bank statements, pay slips, etc.) and only send back things they reviewed, but don't need to keep (communication logs, etc.).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok. Thanks, Salix. This is the first time I'm seeing that we should send two sets. It doesn't say that anywhere on the UK.gov website! How would anyone know to send two sets?

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
Yes, that's the standard advice. One pile of originals, another pile of copies, and a pile of copies for your own record.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've got some copying to do! Thank you all for your input. I am planning on sending this out tomorrow. I'll keep everyone posted. I hope to be be posting a (successful) timeline soon!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Where does it say that you should provide copies of everything in your application by post? Or is it just more common knowledge on the forum that the home office likes it when photocopies of evidence are submitted too?

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
It doesn't say so, but Home Office is liable to retain any documents submitted, so it's sensible to attach a copy to every document submitted.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Actually, I just read over the steps the courier service provides by e-mail -- that's the only place I've actually seen where it addresses sending copies. The exact wording is the following:

"All original documents will be retained with your application unless you provide copies with your application which can be retained in lieu of originals"

It would be nice if the UK.gov website said that somewhere! Glad I'm on this forum!

·
Registered
39,068 Posts
Since providing copies is for your benefit (so you'll get your originals back), perhaps Home Office sees no need to spell it out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.