Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

This is my another thread looking for some information. I have received invitation for 190 Visa sponsored by SA on 30 Sept 2013. I am in the last weeks of my pregnancy and the delivery is due for 11 November. The Invitation expires on 29 November and the following is my question.

Hoping that my husband will be able to get the birth certificate and passport for the baby ASAP after delivery, can we wait and submit the application with all the 3 included(husband, baby and myself)? I have submitted EOI in august and when i applied for SA SS, i have only mentioned my husband as dependant. Is this going to be a problem when i apply since circumstances will be changed next month?

Any suggestions are much appreciated....

Thanks in Advance,
Sirisha Kumar

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi Sirisha Kumar,

first: Good luck with the delivery - hope everything goes well!

Second: Yes, you can definitely apply now and add your baby during visa processing.

Details: You can add dependents of your immediate family unit (partner or children) to a 190 visa any time until the grant. Just upload form 1022 once you have your baby's birth certificate and passport. You will have to pay an additional fee to add the baby and s/he will also have to pass - very simple - medicals. See also: Panel Members Instructions, page 44). Your CO will tell you what s/he needs to add the baby and how to pay the secondary applicant fee.

It will likely take 2-3 month until you have a CO, so you may have the documentation ready before somebody even starts working on your application.

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot Monika...But, i can also straight away add the baby's details during visa application right? the reason am delaying is because i want to apply in one go with all the family members...can i do that if i have documents in hand at the time of application?

Thank You once again,

Sirisha Kumar

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But if you add a new born to an application already made there is no extra fee. If you wait and add them from the initial application there will be a fee for them.

https://www.immi.gov.au/fees-charges/visa-application-charges-exemptions.htm

As there is no chance the visa will be granted in weeks i would apply asap and add them later and save money.
Thank you. This again prompts a question of Visa fees...! As per the link you provided, i would be saving some dollars if that applies to me. However, many other posts suggest paying an additional fee. Can you plz throw some more light on this? I can take decision and apply ASAP..

Regards,
Sirisha Kumar

1 - 6 of 6 Posts