Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Language requirements for fiancé/spouse visa

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Joppa 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I am new to this forum, although have been reading this forum for about a month. We haven't started collecting any paperwork yet and will probably do that after June this year.
I am going to sit IELTS exam in May, and really concerned about the new immigration rules, going to be implemented in June by the government.
To which extend they are going to increase their language requirements, anyone knows?
I've just heard that it is going to be equivalent of score band 7 of IELTS metric, is that true?
I know, all this is speculation until official announcement about the changes is released, however, it is really stressful.
Thanks in advance for your advises.

#2 ·
Hello all,

I am new to this forum, although have been reading this forum for about a month. We haven't started collecting any paperwork yet and will probably do that after June this year.
I am going to sit IELTS exam in May, and really concerned about the new immigration rules, going to be implemented in June by the government.
To which extend they are going to increase their language requirements, anyone knows?
I've just heard that it is going to be equivalent of score band 7 of IELTS metric, is that true?
I know, all this is speculation until official announcement about the changes is released, however, it is really stressful.
As you say, nobody knows. I think you don't have to wait long for announcement.

#4 ·
This is an old thread.
Currently you need A1 for your settlement visa and further leave to remain, and from 28th October you require B1 (intermediate) for actual settlement application (ILR) and naturalisation. No further change is currently in the pipeline and I don't expect it, but who knows? With the latest change coming into effect on 28th October, it was announced on 8th April 2013, so just over 6 months before implementation, but this doesn't always follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.