Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Does one need to buy direct tickets from coutry of residence?
Flights with layovers not allowed?
Talk to your airlines before you book tickets. I suppose you could book from anywhere, however there are restrictions around layover if you are coming from India (for e.g) irrespective of your nationality.
Coming from India, you cannot stopover in say Singapore. Your flight can stop for a refuel, but you cannot disembark or change flights.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Does one need to buy direct tickets from coutry of residence?
Flights with layovers not allowed?
No rule like this that you must not have layovers. But always check the airline conditions before booking. In this circumstance it’s better to avoid as much layover as possible

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
No rule like this that you must not have layovers. But always check the airline conditions before booking. In this circumstance it’s better to avoid as much layover as possible
Singapore Airlines does have such a rule. Here is a list of cities approved for transit in Singapore

https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/pdf/media-centre/200828TableforCitiesApprovedforTransit2.pdf

Also, airline transfer is permitted through Singapore Airlines group operated flights only.

So, it is important to discuss this with the airline before booking any ticket.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Expense Monthly and 1 time setup

Dear All,

Hope you and family are safe and doing good. With this post want to seek your opinion on the expense tracker which i have created to identify what expense one can incur for various factors along with first time home setup costs involved when moving for the first time with family.

Again i tried to put as much detail as possible in the excel based calculator. But requires your expert inputs for correction or addition of details.

Hence i would request forum members to please help and spare a moment to review and share their feedback. Your valuable inputs will help many of us plan things better.

(Please find screenshots attached)

Regards,

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Dear All,

Hope you and family are safe and doing good. With this post want to seek your opinion on the expense tracker which i have created to identify what expense one can incur for various factors along with first time home setup costs involved when moving for the first time with family.

Again i tried to put as much detail as possible in the excel based calculator. But requires your expert inputs for correction or addition of details.

Hence i would request forum members to please help and spare a moment to review and share their feedback. Your valuable inputs will help many of us plan things better.

(Please find screenshots attached)

Regards,

Adding the excel with detailed breakup and calculations for your review.
Please help with review and advise for any inclusions. This will help newbie's like me to get a detailed idea on how to plan expenses and backup. Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
IED Waiver Email Request

Dear All,

Looking for advice from forum members. Sorry for posting so many queries and bugging you. Kindly help and respond.

I got the PR processed through a consultancy. recently many forums have discussed the possibility of getting a waiver on IED, where PR holder can drop an email to DHA (AUS) explaining situation and reason for a waiver request.

Q1) In my case, PR confirmation email was sent to Consultant. Can I still drop an email (suing my email ID) to DHA requesting for waiver for family with reasoning? IED given is FEB 2021.

Q2) I may plan my travel alone (If situation favors) during Jan 2021/Feb 2021. As the current cost of travel and Quarantine is high along with other miscellaneous reasons (Travel risks with 1 yr old), hence traveling alone. I hope my entry before IED will not impact the waiver received by my family (Spouse and Kid).

Q3) Reason for Selecting Jan 2021 is the Job market, which opens up offering bigger pool of Jobs to potential seekers (in ICT category). I hope my understanding is correct. Please advise?

Thanks to all members for pouring in their valuable inputs.

Take care and stay safe !

Regards

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Dear All,

Looking for advice from forum members. Sorry for posting so many queries and bugging you. Kindly help and respond.

I got the PR processed through a consultancy. recently many forums have discussed the possibility of getting a waiver on IED, where PR holder can drop an email to DHA (AUS) explaining situation and reason for a waiver request.

Q1) In my case, PR confirmation email was sent to Consultant. Can I still drop an email (suing my email ID) to DHA requesting for waiver for family with reasoning? IED given is FEB 2021.

Yes. Only if you can’t make it before feb 21.

Q2) I may plan my travel alone (If situation favors) during Jan 2021/Feb 2021. As the current cost of travel and Quarantine is high along with other miscellaneous reasons (Travel risks with 1 yr old), hence traveling alone. I hope my entry before IED will not impact the waiver received by my family (Spouse and Kid).

Ideally should not.

Q3) Reason for Selecting Jan 2021 is the Job market, which opens up offering bigger pool of Jobs to potential seekers (in ICT category). I hope my understanding is correct. Please advise?

I think it will be around feb timeframe and late Jan.
Thanks to all members for pouring in their valuable inputs.

Take care and stay safe !

Regards
Answers inline

41 - 48 of 48 Posts