Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I am not in the UK, I am trying to get any documents I need sent from there in place sooner than later. I had asked a question before but cannot recall an answer so please bear with me! To fulfill accommodation requirements I would really only have my land registry document for the property in which we intend to live. The mortgage is paid off and there is an entry on the register saying "No lenders" Does that confirm there is no mortgage please?

My son holds our other property documents and, as he is moving house, I want him to put aside anything I might need, though without seeing them, I am not sure what we have! Do I need to prove mortgage is paid?

I would have no utility bills as we do not live there.

Having been advised that one should not include unnecessary papers, I am hesitant to include lease agreement of tenants who presently live there and will move out before we need to take possession, but can do so if I should.

What would we do without this forum?!

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
You don't need to prove that the mortgage is paid off. You need to prove that you own the property and the land registry document does that. Lease agreements with current tenants are unnecessary. Do you pay council tax or does the tenant? If you do, include that. Otherwise you can mention in your introductory letter and letter of support that you have a property that is currently being rented out to tenants til whatever date and that you will be moving in as a couple when the visa is granted.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much Nyclon! No, we do not pay any bills. But come to think of it, we do pay the council service fees and I am sure I can find documents for that. I will follow your advice regarding covering letter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.