Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Have been advised that unless your boundaries are clearly marked on the white posts with your initials (? !) the property owner is liable for a large fine.

Have had a quick look at these forum pages and cant see it mentioned...apologies if I've missed it.

Anyone have any ideas on it..or can point me in the right direction ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
264 Posts
It may be true or not but, having spent 3 days wandering with a GPS over hills covered with random olive trees and rocks there's not a hope in hell of anyone ever untangling and getting agreement of the multiple owners and checking their irregular and tiny plots. I give this idea 0/10

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Certainly in Tavira we have small white concrete posts indicating boundary lines.

I'll undertake some more enquiries and post on here if I find out anything

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From an Estate Agent friend;

This process of a new cadastre did as well happen in Loule and Sao Bras council. the time scale to do it without payment for Tavira is until the 24. July
One could do it later but than it will have to be paid.
You need to place and mark bounderies as explained in attached files, make some pictures of it , fill in the attached form of declaration of ownership and take it all to your "Junta da Freguesia" (better to make an appointment with them prior)

I have the relevant docs. if anyone is interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts