Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

I am currently in the process of gathering all the documents to apply for spouse visa (my partner is Australian) when I heard that the Assurance of Support (AoS) is no longer available.

The problem is that my partner is a poker player and he doesn't pay tax (he technically doesn't have to according to regulation). So it is hard to proof his employment status as he dropped off uni to start playing poker and his last 'legal' job is about 7 years ago.

Originally we are about to ask his best friend to do AoS but now we can't do it anymore.

We can proof that our relationship is genuine, we have photos with friends and during family holiday, stat decs from his family and friends and we even bought a puppy together (I have a letter from our breeder). We both signed the lease for our current place and have several bills and mails addressed to our house.

I am currently on a student visa (still studying full time) and has a part time job.

Has anybody been in a similar situation? What should I do? I'm scared that they will reject my application :confused2:

G

·
You are not likely to get a visa with that state of affairs! He needs to prove he can sponsor you and pay for your needs for the first 2 years. He also has to prove he does not owe money to the Government, has he actually been filing taxes?

Does he get any centrelink payments?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are not likely to get a visa with that state of affairs! He needs to prove he can sponsor you and pay for your needs for the first 2 years. He also has to prove he does not owe money to the Government, has he actually been filing taxes?

Does he get any centrelink payments?
Hi Shel!

He has money in his bank account that should be enough to support me. He doesn't owe any money to the government as the Australian govt does not require you to pay tax that you get from gambling and his job is considered as gambling. He also doesn't get any centrelink payment.

He says he can get a part time job during the application if that helps.

Does anyone know what is the minimum money that you need to have/ get paid to be able to sponsor a spouse?

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.