Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wrote to LBP on the 20th of last month, asking to close my account with immediate effect, and enclosed my cards (in pieces).

I wasn't sure if I needed to give 30 days notice, which would have meant further charges at the beginning of July.

I didn't hear from LBP, then the 11€ charges were taken at the beginning of this month.
I tried to pay the 11€ in over the counter but my account is now closed.

Should I just wait until they write for the money?:confused2:

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I would do. I wouldn't give it another thought.
OK thanks. I was initially worried as I only have 30 days allowance for the overdraft, but I suppose the clock has stopped now.

I'll see if they send anything at the end of this month.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
easy not!

its a little more complicated. I have nno money telephone freinds ect ect and I live in a place alone where I do not speak the language to well but well understand that I am open to abuse.
I am about to be frauded and I know how and who but I do not know how to stop it; This is a special account but not, very special?

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
Stuart, I think the best solution would be to go to your bank in person. Take with you details of the account you want to close, your passport and anything else you think you might need (maybe a dictionary, definitely patience and good humour). If your French is on the dodgy side, face to face communication is generally the best way forward because at least you can see whether the person is nodding or just looking baffled, and likewise, they will hopefully keep explaining things in different ways until you show you have understood.

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
its a little more complicated. I have nno money telephone freinds ect ect and I live in a place alone where I do not speak the language to well but well understand that I am open to abuse.
I am about to be frauded and I know how and who but I do not know how to stop it; This is a special account but not, very special?
If you are about to be frauded, you should report it to the Police. Even if you close an account, you are still liable for prior commitments.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts