1. Unnecessary and prejudicial.
- veterans day applause for a witness
- Getting shouted at by the judge generally.
- The ringtone on the phone. That 1984 song is played in malls, supermarkets, radios on a regular basis for more than 30 years.
2. If you really think that getting shouted at by a judge is normal you must hang out in some strange courtrooms. I've spent many an hour photographing and reporting on trials over the past 40-or-so years and I have never heard a judge raise his/her voice to a prosecutor or defense attorney.
3. That ringtone ("God Bless The USA" by Lee Greenwood) has become a right wing trope since 1984 and has been particularly used to gin up support for American military intervention in the Gulf War and its invasion of Iraq.