Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before Xmas There was a lot of talk about bulldozing properties in spain. Have they started? What is the position now? Have they decided which properties are legal or illegal? could you still buy a property now that could turn out to be illegal?
How do you prevent it happening? thanks griz

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Lovely to hear from you Griz! To answer your questions one at a time -

No they havent started knocking em down, they won a "stay of execution" in the courts while more investigations are being done

Have they decided which properties are legal and illegal, well the owners say they're legal and the Junta say they're not!

Yes you could still buy an illegal property cos alot of the owners are desperate, so you MUST be sure your trust you legal team and they are worthy of that trust and you must know what you are doing

To help prevent you buying an illegal property, I've put a "sticky" on the forum with fairly clear guide lines

Its been quite a point of discussion on the forum, but its died down for now. Glad to see you're still with us tho

Jo xxx

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

No they havent started knocking em down, they won a "stay of execution" in the courts while more investigations are being done

Have they decided which properties are legal and illegal, well the owners say they're legal and the Junta say they're not!

Yes you could still buy an illegal property cos alot of the owners are desperate, so you MUST be sure your trust you legal team and they are worthy of that trust and you must know what you are doing

To help prevent you buying an illegal property, I've put a "sticky" on the forum with fairly clear guide lines

Its been quite a point of discussion on the forum, but its died down for now. Glad to see you're still with us tho

Jo xxx
Thanks Jo, I hope it all gets sorted & give us a cut off date or something. Today on my orange home page It says that in England the depression is officially over
lets hope we can now sell our house

·
Administrator
36,524 Posts

Jo xxx
they knocked one down in Lliria (Valencia region) last week - I saw a report in the local Spanish press - they say there will be more to come in that area

I remember when we first came here there was talk about properties in that area being a bit 'dodgy' - 6 years ago!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they knocked one down in Lliria (Valencia region) last week - I saw a report in the local Spanish press - they say there will be more to come in that area

I remember when we first came here there was talk about properties in that area being a bit 'dodgy' - 6 years ago!
I looked at property in that area 2 years ago

·
Registered
896 Posts
Yo Griz me ole bucket'o'snot, how goes it?:D

In our area (Albox) the top (Zapatero ..... his first name should be Frank!), regional (Junta) and local bods are all back-heeling the issue faster than Ronaldo on speed so it's a case of wait & see.

And yes, you can still buy perfectly legal properties here, you could before all this started and you still can now but it's, as ever, buyer beware..... i.e. do yer homework:)

Doggy

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yo Griz me ole bucket'o'snot, how goes it?:D

In our area (Albox) the top (Zapatero ..... his first name should be Frank!), regional (Junta) and local bods are all back-heeling the issue faster than Ronaldo on speed so it's a case of wait & see.

And yes, you can still buy perfectly legal properties here, you could before all this started and you still can now but it's, as ever, buyer beware..... i.e. do yer homework:)

Doggy
thanks doggy, I will get there one day, just seems as though things just keep going wrong lately, but new year, heres hoping, griz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.