Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are kiwis living in australia, my daughter has a medical condition which requires blood transfusions every month.This is covered by medicare since we are new zealand citizens. We haven't been out of Australia after we arrived in this country, my question is if we travel overseas and than come back to Australia which is our home now, we'll get SCV again? (Since SCV visas are granted automatically when you arrive in Australia and not stamped on passport)

G

·
So long as you have a NZ passport and can not be denied entry due to character issues (criminal history then yes you will simply be granted a SCV each time.

Have you thought about obtaining PR for you & your family? Would it be possible, do you have a job / occupation?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So long as you have a NZ passport and can not be denied entry due to character issues (criminal history then yes you will simply be granted a SCV each time.

Have you thought about obtaining PR for you & your family? Would it be possible, do you have a job / occupation?

Many thanks for the reply. We would love to go for PR but I'm 45 and my partner is 46. We both have jobs. I'm a qualified teacher and is on the skills on demand list. We are settled in Sydney.Please do let me know options.

Regarding my earlier post, my concern was related to the medical condition of my daughter, just incase we come back from our overseas trip and than some complications arise regarding re issue of her SCV due to her medical condition which involves medication thru medicare and monthly blood transfusions. She is otherwise physically active and very bright and intelligent child. She is in year 10 now and aiming to get into medicine. I'm just seeking this clarification before we all plan our overseas trip. I read somewhere couple of days back only that NZ citizens can be denied re entry to Australia based on health and character grounds but doesn't elaborate more about these health grounds. According to lot of websites and details we got before we moved to Australia, the only thing they are concerned about when we travel from New Zealand is people with Tuberculosis. My daughter is very excited to go back to New Zealand to meet our family.

G

·
Sorry, I can see that was worded wrong! Yes you can be denied entry for criminal history if from NZ. It was my understanding that the health only related to TB, though I'd check that out because I could be wrong.

·
Registered
346 Posts
_shel said:
Sorry, I can see that was worded wrong! Yes you can be denied entry for criminal history if from NZ. It was my understanding that the health only related to TB, though I'd check that out because I could be wrong.
No problem :D. And that's correct new zealanders are subject to softer restrictions. Only TB is a condition which will result in refusal of entry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.