Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Nice! You had furniture made there I take it(?). Any more pics of the house itself and what area are you located? Asking, as we are having to start serious discussions here on what to take and not take, etc with likely "permanent" move in 2 yrs. Have some real heirlooms in furnishings that are 4th generation now and still beautiful, But don't want to pay insane fees to import; so, may give to kids and have some duplicates made there in nara or mahoghany. Had some very nice stuff made in 91-92 in Nara from there by a fella named Chin up in San Miguel area up in Zambales, but the Ex has all that now. It still looks fantastic 23 yrs later. Anyway, looking forward to seeing more of your home!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! You had furniture made there I take it(?). Any more pics of the house itself and what area are you located? Asking, as we are having to start serious discussions here on what to take and not take, etc with likely "permanent" move in 2 yrs. Have some real heirlooms in furnishings that are 4th generation now and still beautiful, But don't want to pay insane fees to import; so, may give to kids and have some duplicates made there in nara or mahoghany. Had some very nice stuff made in 91-92 in Nara from there by a fella named Chin up in San Miguel area up in Zambales, but the Ex has all that now. It still looks fantastic 23 yrs later. Anyway, looking forward to seeing more of your home!
Thanks nickleback:
yes we did have all the cabinets, table, chairs and stair railing done there by a local woodworker in nara wood. are house is in sorsogon city in bicol region. we are really pleased with the house it turned out great thanks to my wife sister there and a lot of talking threw Skype.
feel free to PM me with any questions about the house. or if you want additional pictures.

·
Registered
123 Posts
your a bit south of chicago ?
im originally from near elgin .
moved north , 24 years ago .
now ive set my sites on palawan.. still apx 5 years distant .
>> very nice house you have there !

·
Registered
774 Posts
Sweet

We had ours done locally, Turned out better than we thought the baskets and easy access cabinets, The brown was what it was the Red is the result. Took a while to get done. Cabinets were made in Singapore.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
We had ours done locally, Turned out better than we thought the baskets and easy access cabinets, The brown was what it was the Red is the result. Took a while to get done. Cabinets were made in Singapore.
Grin-
HAH! THAT is AMAZING!
You even found a way to increase the size of the room.
Is that a list of prices on the back wall?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Grin-
HAH! THAT is AMAZING!
You even found a way to increase the size of the room.
Is that a list of prices on the back wall?
Yes we extended it 1 meter and took out the middle wall. Had to to be able to maneuver a wheelchair as required by VA

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes we extended it 1 meter and took out the middle wall. Had to to be able to maneuver a wheelchair as required by VA
It looks spacious and thus good for a wheelchair on the pathways.
The countertops look to be of the standard height.
Do the counter heights work well for users in wheelchairs?

I am often designing layouts for a future house in the Philippines and always design the bottom floor as if I will be restricted to it by a wheelchair.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is this in a condo or gated subdivision? Never seen a kitchen that nice in the PI!
It's in a sub division..
it turned out really nice thanks to my asawa vision and design. and a really good wood worker building them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
your a bit south of chicago ?
im originally from near elgin .
moved north , 24 years ago .
now ive set my sites on palawan.. still apx 5 years distant .
>> very nice house you have there !
north a couple hrs. springfield area.
are goal is to be moved next year....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice looking. really looks spacious
understand a while to get done. ours took about 6 months but well worth the wait.

·
Registered
774 Posts
nice looking. really looks spacious
understand a while to get done. ours took about 6 months but well worth the wait.
I really like your dining chairs. I've been looking for something like that. Guess I'll have to have them made. We just finished the living room and entertainment center and curtains. We are waiting for the furniture to be built. I'll post pictures when complete.

Reactions: Rogdas

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I really like your dining chairs. I've been looking for something like that. Guess I'll have to have them made. We just finished the living room and entertainment center and curtains. We are waiting for the furniture to be built. I'll post pictures when complete.
look forward to the pictures.. and your probably right about the dining chairs we got tired of looking and just had them made. but I think that was the better choice that way we could get what we want. instead of just having to settle on something we found in a store.

·
Registered
572 Posts
That uber modern kitchen is AWESOME! Great job. Yours and Rogdas' clearly shows one Can possibly get what they want in a home there.

·
Registered
774 Posts
That uber modern kitchen is AWESOME! Great job. Yours and Rogdas' clearly shows one Can possibly get what they want in a home there.
Thanks your right but to be honest you really got to stay on the contractors. I mean I check, double check, and check again. I believe most of the guys that have worked with me gain a lot of knowledge. But I also think they may not want to work for me again. :D

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Well the furniture arrived finally.
I can be comfortable now that I have a chair to sit in
Comfortable is it? Now your wife won't be able get you to leave the house:D..
Good looking furniture to make a person feel at home.

Reactions: 197649
1 - 20 of 28 Posts