Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're in the throes of house purchase etc and as soon as we take posession, plan to have a new kitchen fitted.

The kitchen company are keen for us to have things like oven, hob, extractor, dishwasher etc etc from a company called 'Teka'.

I've never heard of this company and am more used to known brands such as Bosch....... soooo, before I spend a fortune on a load of kit from an unknown company can someone tell me what they know of this company please?

FWIW, the prices don't strike me as particularly cheap!

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
We've not had any problem with any Teka products, there a well known widely used brand here. hobs, ovens, extractors, sink, dishwasher, fridge in 3 kitchens now, oven I would say check it has a well graduated temp control and order an extra shelf:), I'd also suggest electric oven gas hob.

·
Super Moderator
5,067 Posts
Does anyone know if spare parts are easily available please?
Spare parts are easily available for most makes in Portugal.
teka being a well know make will be no problem.
Remember you will also have a two year warranty will everything.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Wortens being a National and part of Continente your wasting your time, but they do have a factory shop at Coimbra, but it's very much what stock is in when you go.
You'd do better bartering with your local electrical shop, discounts you stand more chance with Tien21, Euronics which are all franchise.

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
Wortens being a National and part of Continente your wasting your time, but they do have a factory shop at Coimbra, but it's very much what stock is in when you go.
You'd do better bartering with your local electrical shop, discounts you stand more chance with Tien21, Euronics which are all franchise.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts