Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me If the new Kings Avenue Mall is open or when it is due to open. It was still being built the last time we were here with a opening date of October.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Carrefour, Jumbo and some other stores are already stocked and ready to go :)

According to their facebook site they will open the doors on November 7th for the first wave of shops to open and then the second wave from November 14th onwards.

Still looks like a building site to me at the moment, however they are trying to get the entrance to the car park from the road sorted.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I was speaking to a lady who's husband is shopping fitting in the Mall who says there is no way it will be on schedule.
this is the normal public perception but it's surprising what can be done in the last few days, given the huge financial penalties which could be imposed by the individual stores upon the developer (loss of business), and given the strength and will of the Project Manager (if there is one). Let's see!

·
Registered
262 Posts
I don't want to sound too negative, but I fear for local, small shops in the harbour area and old town.
So do I, I also hope that it won't be another "high street clone" with all the same stuff in all the same shops :(

A very good friend of mine runs a busy restaurant in Bar street, and although he has a "wait and see" approach, I can tell he is worried. Personally, I think that the people who want a nice relaxed evening out in the Mall probably belong there - I cannot think of a more soul-less place to spend time....

Martijn :ranger:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts