Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Kindly advice me on my assestment points

3K views 29 replies 11 participants last post by  KeeDa 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Kindly help me in understanding the AUS Point system, As am Planing to apply for the AUS work permit under subclass -189 (Skilled Independent VISA). I have done my graduation in Computer science in 2005. Since then i am working in IT. Below are my details.

Date of Birth :- 28-Jul-1985 (below 32 years so 30 points)
Qualification :- Bsc Cumputer Science (15 points)
IT Experience :- Jul-2005 to till date 9+ years ( ?? Points)

Kindly help me in understanding the points for my IT Experience. As my academic qualification is equivalent to my experience, whether 2 years or 4 years of my experience is deducted for my total 9+ years of experience.

Thanks In Advance
Sami Farooq

#4 · (Edited)
Hi All,

My Consultancy agent has given the below assessment points.

Assessment
Fact Points
--------------------------------------------------------------
Age --> 30 years --> 30
qualification -> Bsc (comp) --> 15
Experience -> sutable experience
4 years & skilled
experience 4 years ---> 5
---------------------------------------------------------------

As per him, my education is relevant to my experience hence 4 years has been deducted from the total years of experience so for the rest of the years i am getting 5 points :-( . Kindly suggest....

#6 ·
Ditch that consultancy. B.Sc. Comp degree is assessed as ICT Major and closely related to Developer Programmer or SW Engineer occupations. So only 2 years of your close to 10 years of experience will be deducted thereby giving you 8 years worth of points (15) by end of July.

#5 ·
People with experience of greater than 8 years are eligible for 15 points.
With your current qualifications you are eligible to apply for visa 189.
Not really. Those with 8+ years of skilled experience (as awarded by ACS- i.e. after the deduction) are eligible for 15 points. Also, to be eligible for the visa, passing the English language test is a must.

Assuming @Sami scores the minimum required 6 across all IELTS bands:
Age = 30 points
Education = 15 points
Skilled Experience (Exactly 8 years as of Jul-2015) = 15 points
IELTS = 0 points.

Total = 60 points.

All this is assuming:
1. You pass the IELTS with 6 or 6.5 in all modules. Score 7 and above and get 10 points for IELTS. 8+ will fetch you 20 points.
2. ACS deducts only 2 years from your experience thereby giving you 8 years of skilled experience to claim (July-2007 to July-2015).

#8 ·
Welcome. The reason I said "assuming" earlier was because at this stage we cannot say for sure. You have to do your IELTS (or PTE) for the English language points and submit your application to ACS and only then will you be sure about how many years ACS deducts. Just make sure that you present your case properly showing that you are working in an occupation closely related to your nominated ANZSCO occupation and your degree too has enough course contents matching those required by the nominated ANZSCO occupation.

I suggest you start with the process after some reading about these matters. This forum has loads of information to get started on your own. Just search this forum for relevant topics, and do read some good experiences like http://www.expatforum.com/expats/platypus-den/469793-my-journey-australia-google-page-ranking.html and http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...ian-skilled-independent-189-visa-my-view.html and this blog from a forum member: Migrate to Australia

All the best.

#9 · (Edited)
Hi Keeda,

I am desperately seeking guidance on a very odd sounding problem.

My first job was for 3 years where i held 3 positions
1) Software QA Engineer (1st year)
2) Software Engineer (2nd year)

In my ACS assessment , I only mentioned my last designation Software Engineer and my entire 3 year of work ex has been credit to that. Moreover, the wording of that letter inadvertently indicate i held that same position for 3 years.

I have offer letter with my first designation , change in designation letters and relieving letter with second designation.

I have submitted EOI as per the ACS letter with last designation and the start and end date of employment as i have these two designation in one company with the same roles and responsibility. Will it create a problem?

#10 ·
John,

If I were you, I would write to ACS assessment@acs.org.au giving the reference number, detailing the mistake, and seek their opinion about whether you should get re-assessed and get a new result. Top few reasons for DIBP to reject a visa application are:
- Medicals
- Character
- Applying under the wrong ANZSCO
- Incorrectly claiming points
- Failing employment verification.

Should they choose to verify your employment, or rather, even without verification, looking at your payslips and other documents, they might raise concerns about you having been in a different position than what you claimed (to ACS) to be in. Your ACS report clearly highlights your job positions and a few of them are entirely different in reality. They might think that you purposely did this and mislead them to gain skillful employment and points. You have to be very careful in every aspect. I would say that spend the extra money, effort and time to correct this mistake at this stage rather than to have sleepless nights over it throughout the entire process. Just my thoughts though. I have never come across this situation before, and so I suggested that you write to ACS and seek their guidance. Most probably, they will also agree with my opinion and ask you to get re-assessed.

#11 ·
Hi KeeDa,

I am planning to go for ACS assessment. I have collected all relevant documents. But after reading few threads i am bit confused. Need your help

1) I completed BCA from IGNOU in 2002, but MCA completed from distance education in 2010. Will experience be counted after 2010 or it should be counted from 2006 onwards? I need 15 points (which is 8 years or greater) in Qualification to complete 60.

2) Now work experience, I started working in 1999 along with start of my BCA from IGNOU and worked in company till 2006. That was network engineer and have experience letter with 'Technical associate' designation. From 2006 onwards change of gears, joing IT MNC and working till date (around 9 years) as system analyst.

I want to go for ANZSCO code ICT Business Analyst which is my second and most recent experience. With Both the experiences get counted and i will be able to claim 8+ years to get 15 points?

3) Is there a chance that i will be asked for submitting a project report or go RPL route?

Thanks in advance!!

#12 ·
1. From page 5 of Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf, it looks like your skilled experience will be counted from your MCA completion date.

2. I am sure your networking experience would not be a match for ICT BA, and thus cannot be counted. You can include it in your application, but its outcome will come out as "not relevant"

3. BCA is an ICT degree. So, you need to go the regular route and not RPL.

#15 ·
Thanks for reply!!
With applying with MCA, i would be eligible only for 5 points. Is it advisable to go without mentioning MCA? as BCA is also ICT major and that way i will be able to fetch 10 points. MCA isn't adding any points. Have you seen such a case in the past? and how did they go?

Really appreciate your help!!
Hiding facts isn't really something that I would recommend. Instead try to score points in some other areas where possible. Moreover, note that ACS will try to give you the best possible skill-met-date based on your qualifications and work experience. Even work experience before degree completion is considered towards this calculation. I think there are even a few example case studies showcasing this in the Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf. See if you still have a chance to get up to 60 points without having to hide anything.

#20 ·
Hiding facts isn't really something that I would recommend. Instead try to score points in some other areas where possible. Moreover, note that ACS will try to give you the best possible skill-met-date based on your qualifications and work experience. Even work experience before degree completion is considered towards this calculation. I think there are even a few example case studies showcasing this in the Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf. See if you still have a chance to get up to 60 points without having to hide anything.
I see what you mean :) . I should target for getting 8+ band in IELTS. I have read many reviews about it but seen only a few including you with 8. Seems like points system has changed very recently and thats why so much of confusion. I believe ACS includes full experience but actual points calculation is done while filing EOI. No t sure if the reduction is included in ACS assessment.

My friend got assessed with similar 9 years experience and got full points on experience. His age is 32. My points are getting calculated as :
IELTS: 10 (With 7)
Employment: 15 (With 8+ experience including reduction)
Qualification: 10 (BCA and MCA)
Total: 60

Thanks a ton for your help!!

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
hi im shivank gupta from india..i want to apply under 149914 sub class 190. i am 25 years old. i hv total 5 years of banking experience out of which 2 years were from HDFC BANK's subsidiary company ADFC pvt ltd. i hv done graduation in computers. i hv three certifications related to banking sector. Am i eligible? if yes..how many points can i claim under point bases system ?

No text-speak please! - see Rule 10, here: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/general-expat-discussions/2397-forum-rules.html

And, it would be correct to use capital "I" when you start a sentence with I, or use the first person pronoun (I) generally, but I'm not here to correct your language! :)

Thank you.
kaju/moderator

#16 ·
Hi, i could also use some help regarding the points system. After looking into things more rigorously, I've noticed there may be a discrepancy with the points total i believed i could attain and what is actually attainable.
The issue is that i have passed the TRA in Metal Fabrication solely based on my work experience and a technical interview. I have no formal qualification from the uk, only Australian recognition. At the beginning i believed i could recieve points from uk and australia for my work experience but after browsing the forum recently, I've noticed talk of experience not counting for points until the date after you are fully qualified. Seeing that i am not qualified but have been proven to be skilled (TRA) and also have uk and australian employer statements declaring i am in a skilled position, I am a bit cofused as to where i stand on this. If i cant claim, i would be losing a possible 15 points!!
If anyone could shed a light on this for me, it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

#18 ·
Hi,
Most discussions here are related to an assessing body ACS. Not many here might have knowledge about TRA or your qualification. Your best bet would be searching these forums and if you find someone, drop them a PM with your queries. Also try searching for this information directly on the website of the assessing body who awarded you the skilled title. In our case, the assessing body ACS gives us assessment on our qualification as well as the skills. Or it could even be that you don't need any special recognition for your UK/ European qualification to gain 15 points. I really don't know. You will have to do a bit of searching/ asking around regarding this.
All the best.

#17 ·
Dear Fellows

I would like to know about the work experience gained during study period on full time job can be calculated to measure the Skill Level Requirement Met Date in ACS while applying for 261313-Software Engineer. I explained my case as below, kindly have a look and share your opinion.

My Bachelor degree in Computer Sciences completed in Dec 2006 and have 10.3 years of relevant work experience from May 2005 till to date Jul 2015. Details are as below.
I worked in a software company from May 2005 to Feb 2007 during studies and worked as full time resource.
Then moved to another software company from Mar 2007 till to date Jul 2015.

Does ACS gives Skill Level Requirement Met Date May 2007 or after completion of degree which becomes Dec 2008?

#19 ·
Skills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf explains this scenario with a case study. If your pre-qualification experience is related to your occupation, it should help in the date calculation and you should get the date as May-2007. However, I am not sure as to how will they consider that you worked full time as well as studied a full time course.

#25 ·
Guys, any idea how many points I can claim?
10 or 15? Below is ACS result..

Your Master of Engineering from **** University completed February 2010 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Master Degree with a major in computing.

Your Bachelor of Science in Engineering in Computer Science and Engineering from ****l University of Science and Technology completed July 2006 has been assessed as comparable to an AQF Associate Degree with a major in computing.

Kindly tell me, how many Immigration point for Education I can get with above result?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.