Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, we have moved to cyprus and are renting short term then looking for somewhere for a year whilst finding our feet.
we would like our 4 year old to learn greek so want to find a good kindergarden or nursery before perhaps choosing an Engish speaking school later.
We have tramped around but it is getting hard work and although i am finding parks and two older childrens schools I have not found a nursery.
It would only be for 2 or 3 mornings a week but we do need something, she needs to make friends and play with someone before we all start feeling lonely.

·
Super Moderator
12,556 Posts
Hello, we have moved to cyprus and are renting short term then looking for somewhere for a year whilst finding our feet.
we would like our 4 year old to learn greek so want to find a good kindergarden or nursery before perhaps choosing an Engish speaking school later.
We have tramped around but it is getting hard work and although i am finding parks and two older childrens schools I have not found a nursery.
It would only be for 2 or 3 mornings a week but we do need something, she needs to make friends and play with someone before we all start feeling lonely.
Hi , Welcome to the forum,

Which part of Cyprus are you in? Perhaps if we know where you are someone can point you in the right direction.

Veronica

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi , Welcome to the forum,

Which part of Cyprus are you in? Perhaps if we know where you are someone can point you in the right direction.

Veronica
We are in Paralimni for next 4 weeks but could move anywhere there are good schools as long as about an hour from Larnaka airport. Would really like a Greek speaking nursey with one english speaking teacher to help if trouble.
She has never been to any nursery and her spoken English is good, if I have to, then an English would do but want her to get a grounding in Greek.
I have not found any nursery at all yet.
Thanks for such a quick reply.

·
Super Moderator
12,556 Posts
We are in Paralimni for next 4 weeks but could move anywhere there are good schools as long as about an hour from Larnaka airport. Would really like a Greek speaking nursey with one english speaking teacher to help if trouble.
She has never been to any nursery and her spoken English is good, if I have to, then an English would do but want her to get a grounding in Greek.
I am sorry I cant help you as I live in the Paphos area, but now that we know where you are I am sure that someone will come along who can help you.
Good luck

Veronica

·
Super Moderator
12,556 Posts
Try this link

Cyta Yellow Pages

It is the Cytanet yellow pages. I have given you the link for Kindergartens in Larnca area.
You could ring around them and see which ones speak english and will take your child.
Veronica

·
Registered
915 Posts
Hi, there's a nursery in Oroklini that I have heard good reports about. Its near the Oops! shop. I will see if I can get contact details for you

Babs

·
Registered
650 Posts
A friend in Paralimni sends her daughter to the Ayia Napa Nursery "Ayia Napa Nipiagogio". It's Greek but there are kids there from all over. I believe it's public. So if you ask around you should be able to locate them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.