Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be started the kids lessons in the UK prior to moving in July. I want to keep up with it over the summer so they are more prepared for school in September ban anybody make a recommendation please?

·
Administrator
36,778 Posts
Be started the kids lessons in the UK prior to moving in July. I want to keep up with it over the summer so they are more prepared for school in September ban anybody make a recommendation please?
I don't know the area, so can't personally recommend anyone - are there any local FB groups where you could ask?

just a thought - a lot of state schools run summer clubs, we actually put our girls in one for a few weeks the summer before they started state school & it did help

although just playing on the beach with Spanish kids helped at least as much

·
Registered
19,452 Posts
Can't imagine you finding any Spanish classes specific for kids over the summer. You might, but I don't think it's the kind of thing that's easy to find anyway, let alone over the summer.
Probably the best thing is along the lines of what xabiachica said. Find the local pool, and plonk yourselves in the same spot for a week and you'll probably find a group of Spanish families doing exactly the same, and that your kids will be able to join in their games after a few days. Might not be the best thing for you though. The possiblity of going to the pool all summer giving little thought to the weather is great, but boy does it eat your time up! Be aware that the Spanish will have different timetables to the UK too, so few people will be at the pool before 12:00, lunch may well be at 3:00 - 4:00 and then there's the afternoon shift which I htink would start around 6:00 (yes, that's still the afternoon in Spain.)
Going back to classes, you might get in touch with the school to see if they know anything.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
The international schools in our area used to run activities etc for all local kids of all nationalities. Mine went on a couple and altho they werent specifically language learning, it helped enormously

Jo xxx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts