Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,
We are a family of three moving to London next March. We are Russians. However not oligarch. And not fond of vodka and bears;)
So, my husband works in the investment banking, I'm a teacher and we have 16-month year old baby girl. So I have the following questions (and yes, I have read all the threads related on this forum:p):
1. My hubby will work in the business center in the Canary Wharf. What is a nice area to live with a small kid? (From door to door maximum 40-50 minutes by any means of transport)
Nice area means kids friendly, with parks, kindergartens,some grocery markets, cafés, may be shopping malls. And of course, pretty quiet at night;)
2. The budget for renting an apartment is maximum 500 pounds pw. Will it ok for 1 or 2 bedroom apartment?
3. Is there any chance to find a place in kindergarten in March? Or we are to wait for a new school year to start?

Thank you for your answers. They are all highly appreciated.

·
Registered
39,085 Posts
Try south of the Thames like Greenwich. There is fast access by Dockland Light Railway (DLR). Or a bit further north via Jubilee line tube and Central line (change at Stratford, near Olympic park), are places like Wanstead and Woodford, very pleasant suburban locations.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Joppa, hi
Thank you your prompt reply. We will look into these areas. And just a quicky, our budget per week in 500 pounds will be ok?

·
Super Moderator
18,065 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try south of the Thames like Greenwich. There is fast access by Dockland Light Railway (DLR). Or a bit further north via Jubilee line tube and Central line (change at Stratford, near Olympic park), are places like Wanstead and Woodford, very pleasant suburban locations.
Dear Joppa, hi
You answer gave us a lot of hours of rental search;) can you tell us if Greenwich is safe and family oriented area?
As we have looked through different ratings of nice and awful parts of London and Greenwich is not listed in any;(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.