Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
36,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kidnapping in Denia fish market.
Alfredo López, a 50-year-old from Madrid who was on holiday in Denia, has been detained by members of the fishermen's guild. They have sent a statement saying they will not let him go until he acknowledges his mistake.
Yesterday, Tuesday, a madrileño went to the fish market in Denia with the intention of buying fish when he told the person accompanying him that the fish in Madrid is the freshest in Spain. One of the fishermen who was at that time unloading fish from his boat, heard the comment and became angry. He warned his companions and tried to make the madrileño understand that what he said was impossible, but he could not recognise the obvious.
The madrileño insisted & was still convinced that the fish in Madrid is the freshest. And there was no way to convince him otherwise.
The security forces have commented that it is not worth going there to sort it out as they agree with the detention.

Original story

Secuestro en la lonja de Denia. - Sociedad - Denia Today La realidad desde otro punto de vista.

·
Registered
19,386 Posts
Yes, a well known "fact"
I don't know whether it's true or not, but it's easy to buy and eat high quality fresh fish in Madrid and it's also easy to eat not very good quality fish near to fishing ports. The fish caught by Spanish fishing boats are often wooshed off to other destinations including Madrid.
This was all started by some king or other who improved communications in order to get fresher food into Madrid, at least that was what I was always told :)
PS can't get link to work

·
Administrator
36,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The link did work when I posted it - but yes I believe that it's a spoof.....

And the website seems to have gone completely now!

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
That story sounds very fishy to me - bit of a red herring!
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1 - 14 of 14 Posts