Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Does anyone have any experience obtaining a copy of a marriage certificate from the Kenya embassy via the Los Angeles consulate? My british-by-descent application rides on this marriage certificate being produced.

I applied in February and at the end of June they told me that Kenya received my request in March. They said it takes a "long time" and cannot give me an estimate when it will be sent over. I've paid for it and my life is on hold. I realize that they do things differently in Kenya so while I bide my time I'd like to know if anyone else had similar difficulties and how long it took to finally get what you were after. Thank you.

·
Registered
7,376 Posts
Not surprising.... there have been some posts regarding obtaining documentation from African states.

In my own case when applying for work visa for US, I had to obtain Police Certificate from South Africa. Waited a couple of months and it was only with the intervention of a colleague who was in South Africa and had some clout with the local police chief and who actually went to Pretoria personally, that we obtained the certificate without further delay.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.