Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested to do kayaking in Singapore?

I'm looking for people to go explore the Singapore Southern Islands!
Any takers? :clap2:

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
You gotta be kidding .. you wanna kayak all the way from Singapore to the Southern Islands ? With the powerful currents and distance ..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NO worries! =)

You gotta be kidding .. you wanna kayak all the way from Singapore to the Southern Islands ? With the powerful currents and distance ..
Yes:tongue1:,
I've done that with a group of friends on National Day and it was great fun!
No worries for junior paddlers as there are double kayaks - so paired up with a senior paddler, you'll be in safe hands!
:thumb:

P.S. My friend who goes along is a nurse so we are safe going there with medical coverage ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes:tongue1:,
I've done that with a group of friends on National Day and it was great fun!
No worries for junior paddlers as there are double kayaks - so paired up with a senior paddler, you'll be in safe hands!
:thumb:

P.S. My friend who goes along is a nurse so we are safe going there with medical coverage ;)
Hey,

Sounds like fun!

Any more avid paddlers around?

Count me in! :)

Any details?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Woo Hoo!

Hey,

Sounds like fun!

Any more avid paddlers around?

Count me in! :)

Any details?
Hey KayaKing,

My friends and I are thinking of exploring the islands on 26th and 27th of September (Sat, Sun).

*BTW, just a thought... is kaya your favourite food?! :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dunno if you're allowed to camp on the islands. The currents can be fierce though!

Fishing should be good tho! I'm fishing on my AE Expedition every weekend! Was off Sentosa on Sunday and there was a fierce current between Sentosa and Lazarus.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dunno if you're allowed to camp on the islands. The currents can be fierce though!

Fishing should be good tho! I'm fishing on my AE Expedition every weekend! Was off Sentosa on Sunday and there was a fierce current between Sentosa and Lazarus.
Hey Pearly,

Yes we can camp on certain islands only and we have to get a permit for that as well :)

Currents? We look and plan our journey according to the tide table so we know the best time to go and come back with the current.

So whatever "strong" currents will be in our favour ;)

Usually it's the wind that is more annoying :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
wow...

hi guys ,

i wud b interested to join..
do keep me in loop..
i like kayak too..

Hey Pearly,

Yes we can camp on certain islands only and we have to get a permit for that as well :)

Currents? We look and plan our journey according to the tide table so we know the best time to go and come back with the current.

So whatever "strong" currents will be in our favour ;)

Usually it's the wind that is more annoying :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Funksg,

Yay! Another paddler! :clap2:
BTW, have you got your One Star Certification already?
:)
Woo Hoo!

We have 8 paddlers and counting!!

Paddling to Pulau Hantu

Brownie and water break - half way to Sisters' Island *Delicious* :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Canoeing

hi! wondering if anyone else does outrigger canoeing here? i'm interested to paddle with spc at sentosa, don't know much about it...

and hi dee gee! i love to kayak also but i don't think i will join you for the southern islands... hehe... closet lazy bum...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Interested party for the kayaking event

hi guys, im in for the kayaking activities! been sometime since i kayak, gonna be back on track. hope to share and have fun with you guys..

pm and keep me update on the event yeah!
Jeremy

:))

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi guys, im in for the kayaking activities! been sometime since i kayak, gonna be back on track. hope to share and have fun with you guys..

pm and keep me update on the event yeah!
Jeremy

:))
This thread was a while ago and we never did get together!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts