Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
When I first got here, the kids went to ten years of school...recently they changed it to make it 12 like most places...thats the simple answer....one of the major reasons a lot of people do not like it is that it will leave a couple of years that kids do not graduate and go to college, some say there will be a lot of teacher lay offs etc....this is over simplifying it but hope it answers your questions...google has a lot more on it

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think the reason why a lot are opposed to this educational system is because of the money matters involved in sending kids to school. The point of those who are opposed to this is that why do we have to adjust the educational system when it already works for us for so many years, it will just add to the family expenses when supposedly the student should be working already, helping out in paying for the expenses. Those who are for it says that we are far behind in terms of education because all other countries have their students study for 12 years and the students have the choice to work or to continue study in college. A lot of schools already adapted and offer the K-12 system even though there are still no clarifications on this issue.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the reason why a lot are opposed to this educational system is because of the money matters involved in sending kids to school. The point of those who are opposed to this is that why do we have to adjust the educational system when it already works for us for so many years, it will just add to the family expenses when supposedly the student should be working already, helping out in paying for the expenses. Those who are for it says that we are far behind in terms of education because all other countries have their students study for 12 years and the students have the choice to work or to continue study in college. A lot of schools already adapted and offer the K-12 system even though there are still no clarifications on this issue.
Just breaks my heart that you are correct. I see the results sitting on the Sari Sari bench. Well except for the maybe eight weeks of the year they have rice field work. Not my country but it is my world so I care.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts