Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Fellow expats,

Currently living in the marina and not finding it suitable for our daughter. One thing is there is not much to do, and also i want more space around me.

Lakes/Zulal is over my budget. Springs looks a bit worn down and not to spacious.

JVT seems to have nice size houses and even a nice size plot for a reasonable good price.

So whats the catch here? Is it the location?

Does it have pool and playground area? Supermarkets and nursery?

Also, many flats are chiller free, which is most likely not the case in a house. I know cost will depend on many factors, but can anyone give me an idea of the cost of aircon in a house?

Thanks in advance
Vento

·
Registered
362 Posts
Location is definitely the catch, plus the community facilties you mention are not there yet. Some parts of JVT look finished but there is still a lot of construction going on, lots of half-built villas etc.

Have you had a look at Victory Heights? Some friends of ours moved there recently, it's very similar in style to Lakes/Springs but newer, still some development going on but community pools/playgrounds are there, there is a big Spinneys nearby in Motor City. I don't know the prices but it might be worth checking out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, been searching all day and seems that i only find negative things about this area. :(

·
Registered
279 Posts
You should already have noticed by now that they also just got a cut in the water supply there -_-' (look at the national newspaper, it's in front page) ... btw why not Arabian Ranches ?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes i will take a look at AR instead. At least i cant find same amount if negative articles a

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.