Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly i'd like to say hello to everyone...

I am 25 yrs old and have just moved to dubai from the uk with my husband and 5 month old daughter.
I am currently staying in JBR but going to be looking for something long term in the next week or so.

I do not know anyone here and would like to make friends with people who have families also, as i would like my daughter to interact with children her age and i need to start meeting people too otherwise i'll go memtal here lol...

I enjoy shopping (of course), going out to eat, chilling on the beach, just basically having fun...
so if any of you would like to meet up feel free to pm me...

nelz

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey

I am 25 from the UK (south coast, Eastbourne) and flying out in 3weeks!!! I am coming out on my own, so i dont have children but thought it would still be cool too meet up, both same age and from the UK....good start!!

I am into much the same as you and want to have fun and meet new people, so would be cool to catch up?????

Message me and let me know....

Kandy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi kandy,

Yeh it will be great to meet up with you. Where abouts in dubai you moving to?
You going to be working here?
There are alot of things to do here, you just need a good group of people to hang out with.
Don't worry about baby, what are husbands for lol....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi kandy,

Yeh it will be great to meet up with you. Where abouts in dubai you moving to?
You going to be working here?
There are alot of things to do here, you just need a good group of people to hang out with.
Don't worry about baby, what are husbands for lol....

Well i lived there 4 years ago so im sure things have changed loads since then but defo wanna get back out there and see it all!!!

I am going to be working, i have a friend out there who has got my the job and i also have an Aunty and Unlce who live out there, so its cool.

I am going to be living around Discovery Gardens are....gotta sort that when i get out there but will have a car etc so its no probs me getting places!!

Like the attitude about what are husbands for haha....so where in the UK are you from???? Are you gonna be working or house wife life style???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm was born up north, down Manchester end. Got married 3 years ago and moved up leeds, not the same as Manchester.

Thing's have changed loads in the past few years. I've been coming and going to for the past 3years, but eventually decided to settle here as husbands work is here.

I won't be working (lady of leisure lol...), i gt here on wednesday so it's only been a few days.

You must be brave to drive here, they crazy out there, they don't follow the law lol...

Well you must be glad you got family out here, as it can be quite daunting if you don't know anyone. I had a few friends who moved here, but now they've gone back to the UK.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in India but will soon head for dubai as have got an offer for a store managers post. I am 28 years old and would like to meet up with ppl as i am going to be on my own out there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm was born up north, down Manchester end. Got married 3 years ago and moved up leeds, not the same as Manchester.

Thing's have changed loads in the past few years. I've been coming and going to for the past 3years, but eventually decided to settle here as husbands work is here.

I won't be working (lady of leisure lol...), i gt here on wednesday so it's only been a few days.

You must be brave to drive here, they crazy out there, they don't follow the law lol...

Well you must be glad you got family out here, as it can be quite daunting if you don't know anyone. I had a few friends who moved here, but now they've gone back to the UK.

Ow right cool, i was born in Buxton, Derbyshire!!

Yes they are pretty mental out there driving but im sure i will be ok and join them and learn the ways!

Yes i am glad that i have family out there but it doesnt bother me too much as i do already know some people out there, so it should be ok, lots of the time you meet more people through other people (friends of friends) etc....will be doing lots of sporting things as well to meet people...

Just cant wait to get out there now....u on face book???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Been meaning to join facebook but not had the chance...

Well message me nearer to the time and we'll arrange to meet up....

chat to u soon

·
Banned
1,220 Posts
hi welcome to heat and humidity ))))
we have 1 year old daughter and we ofter go to dubai marina as my husband's parents live there, we can do something together as we are looking for baby friends as well... you can send me a private message or check my mobile in my profile (i think it can be seen?), sorry don't wanna put my mobile over here

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.