Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone on here holds a current Justice of the Peace certification from Australia and lives within about 1 1/2 hours of Bergerac and would be willing to witness some documents for us?

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards
Sam

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
I've taken the easy way out and got the mairie to sign and STAMP the papers - it's not been refused for various UK authorities.

DejW

Normally in France documents are certified by a Notaire and then may need to be certified again at your consulate

·
Administrator
49,764 Posts
It may depend on what the documents are being used for. If it's for transactions back "home" it may need a particular type of "certification." You may want to check with the Australian consulate to see what they recommend if that is the case.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Crabtree, DejW and Bev for your suggestions. I am aware of various ways to achieve the certification - and many are acceptable. My post was made because if there were a Justice of the Peace (Australian) operating somewhere in this area it would make a number of specific certifications far simpler. If there isn't one that is fine, worth a try - just trying to take the less complicated path over the more complicated one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Sam

Living at Sainte Foy le Grande and was a JP until about 6 months ago when I resigned the position due to inability to keep up to date on issues back home. Sorry that I cannot help. Not sure that OZ will accept JP's being out of the jurisdiction for more than 12 months.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Oldsilva,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I was hoping I might stumble upon a JP who was here visiting, just arrived or something similar. No problem, plenty of other ways to do it - but thanks again for replying.

I've just found sometimes at least spending a few minutes asking the question on an easy way to do something is far simpler than spending hours researching a more difficult method.

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
No problems Sam

You are right in the philosophy of asking the question......much better than doing all the research on your own.

Good luck with the search.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts