Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
So Ive been going over all our options for our family relocation happening next year.
We had settled on moving to Ireland - to settle not as a schengen route - as it's slightly stressful organising the UK spouse visa when we have two young kids.

However with the uncertainty surrounding when the referendum will take place I now feel I need to explore all our options further.

I do know I cannot apply for a visa to join my husband while on a visitor visa in the UK
And to apply for a spouse visa I need to be outside the UK.

Do I need to apply from my home country, so Australia?

I had this thought that we would all go to the UK, my husband would work for 6 months in his new job, the kids can start school, then I'd leave the UK on an extended holiday - either to France or Ireland- and apply for my spouse visa via the priority processing.

Is this allowed?
I wouldn't be claiming any benefits obviously as I won't be entitled, we would be self funded and living off my husbands wage. I'd be legally in the UK for 6 months on a visitor visa.

It's not our preferred route but if my husband cannot secure employment from Australia and the referendum does end up happening a lot sooner than originally planned it's an option we may think about pursuing...if legal.

Any thoughts appreciated

·
Super Moderator
1,863 Posts
Hi all,
So Ive been going over all our options for our family relocation happening next year.
We had settled on moving to Ireland - to settle not as a schengen route - as it's slightly stressful organising the UK spouse visa when we have two young kids.

However with the uncertainty surrounding when the referendum will take place I now feel I need to explore all our options further.

I do know I cannot apply for a visa to join my husband while on a visitor visa in the UK
And to apply for a spouse visa I need to be outside the UK.

Do I need to apply from my home country, so Australia?

I had this thought that we would all go to the UK, my husband would work for 6 months in his new job, the kids can start school, then I'd leave the UK on an extended holiday - either to France or Ireland- and apply for my spouse visa via the priority processing.

Is this allowed?
I wouldn't be claiming any benefits obviously as I won't be entitled, we would be self funded and living off my husbands wage. I'd be legally in the UK for 6 months on a visitor visa.

It's not our preferred route but if my husband cannot secure employment from Australia and the referendum does end up happening a lot sooner than originally planned it's an option we may think about pursuing...if legal.

Any thoughts appreciated
You can only apply from your home country or a country where you are ordinarily residing (not visiting). You'd need a residence permit for France or Ireland in order to apply for a UK visa from either country.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.