Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post. While I have been visiting Dubai for a long time, never for more than a week per visit. because of some exhibition, I am moving there for at least six months and we'll see after that.

I needed some information and while I am sure most people have similar repeating questions, I apologize for repetition. I could not find a FAQ so here we go:

1. I would be at Global Village, are there good apts for share / or independent rent near that area?

2. I need display glass cases. where do I get one fast? there maybe used ones or others making new ones.

3. I need a sim card. what mobile company gives me good service in that area? I need it to function within dubai, nothing fancy. no international calls. I've skype for that. no internet, etc. Just calls and text. A plan is better or pay as you go?

4. I need wireless internet. what do you recommend? Can anyone get that internet stick or residence only?

5. is there a metro/bus map/schedule in Dubai?

6. can I open a bank account with a temporary work visa?

7. any other general notes, hints, pointers, about life/shopping/living/working in dubai is sorely needed.

you can also contact me personally via email at gmail and it is [email protected]

thanks a lot! sorry for the long post. I need much information.

J

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,942 Posts
Hi javid
This forum has been built up over a few years.
Nearly all your questions have been asked at least 50 times since i joined in december.
Put the key words for each question in the search box above and you will find the answers to your questions.
Welcome to Dubai and welcome to the forum!
P.S - I take it that you will be displaying or selling Afghani products at Global village, this season - what products will you have?
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Steve,

Thank you very much for replying. I knew I was not the only one. I will look at the archives for this. Not sure if display cases would be there but one never knows.

Yes, I will have Afghan made products. They consist of leather, felt, art work, glassware, jewelery [precious and semi-precious], silk, woodwork, souvenirs such as snow globes, post cards, posters, fabric place matts, napkins, jaali wood screens, metal jewelry carved boxes, handbags, etc. we are bringing a sample of everything Afghanistan makes.

thanks for your help!

J

1 - 3 of 3 Posts