Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
June Invitation Round Dates for SkillSelect » SkillSelect Support

What do these numbers exactly mean? I think that these numbers were higher last month. Does this mean that the seats are being filled up and these numbers are likely to decline in the future months as well?

Also, is this due to the closing time? When do these numbers start fresh again?

Furthermore, say my anzsco code had its ceiling for 2800 engineers and only 1000 of them are filled. However, the invitations only ask for 500 189 visa applicants. What are the chances? Does my occupational ceiling also have an effect on these or are these just first come first serve basis?

Please clarify.

·
Registered
960 Posts
June Invitation Round Dates for SkillSelect » SkillSelect Support

What do these numbers exactly mean? I think that these numbers were higher last month. Does this mean that the seats are being filled up and these numbers are likely to decline in the future months as well?

Also, is this due to the closing time? When do these numbers start fresh again?

Furthermore, say my anzsco code had its ceiling for 2800 engineers and only 1000 of them are filled. However, the invitations only ask for 500 189 visa applicants. What are the chances? Does my occupational ceiling also have an effect on these or are these just first come first serve basis?

Please clarify.
The max invitations for month of June would be 1000, the invitations would depend on the occupation and their ceiling levels.
The files would be picked up depending on their date of effect, more of less same as first come first serve

·
Registered
252 Posts
So wouldn't a 65 points candidate get preference over 60 points candidate

·
Registered
960 Posts
So wouldn't a 65 points candidate get preference over 60 points candidate
My bad, you're right.
I read this somewhere.
The people with the best points score will be issued with an invitation. People with a higher points score due to having more work experience, better English scores and higher qualifications will have the best chance of getting an invitation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts