Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks!

I received 190 invitation from DIBP ( sponsored from NWS) onMay 8th for which me and my husband applied on June 23rd, having submitted all documents except the PCC and medicals.

It might be a bit too early to have asked it but still i request people who have lodged in application during June 2015 to share the status of their application. Has any one heard from CO as yet??

I belong to a high risk country and they say it takes fairly long time for processing applications from such countries. The standard time for 190 is mentioned as 3 months.. Would appreciate if people from same origins share their experiences with respect to time duration it took or is taking for their applications' processes.

Thanks!

Desperate to migrate!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Ash...

I just lodged my application on the 16th as well. No contact from CO yet. I just have to upload the PCC and Form 80 but am holding off on both since my passport has gone for renewal. It will be a couple of weeks before I'm in a position to upload all the documents.

Which city are you based in?

I was just researching on alternate shipping methods, flight rates, bank accounts and cell phone solutions. Do share if you have carried out any research at your end.

Regards,
Laila

Hello folks!

I received 190 invitation from DIBP ( sponsored from NWS) onMay 8th for which me and my husband applied on June 23rd, having submitted all documents except the PCC and medicals.

It might be a bit too early to have asked it but still i request people who have lodged in application during June 2015 to share the status of their application. Has any one heard from CO as yet??

I belong to a high risk country and they say it takes fairly long time for processing applications from such countries. The standard time for 190 is mentioned as 3 months.. Would appreciate if people from same origins share their experiences with respect to time duration it took or is taking for their applications' processes.

Thanks!

Desperate to migrate!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Another thing, I have been following these forums quite diligently over the past month, and most people from PK and India who had been waiting for months have received their grants after the 1st of July. So I am hoping to get a reply by the first week of August at max. If not, I will definitely start dogging them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response LAila! i am Karachi based and have been overwhelmingly busy in this month so havnt actually carried out much research with respect to the details you mentioned. But i wil definitely do it very soon..most probably in this week and shall share with you!
BTW...what is form 80??? i had to fill Form 1221 for both myself and my husband..with is called Form 1221 Additional details.....

Even i expect to hear from them in early August after which i will go for medical ..my PCC is ready but i would be uploading it once i am done wit medicals.
Lets keep the fingers crossed and pray that our cases go through easily are not delayed unnecessarily..

Good Luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Form 80 is required to be filled by applicants from high risk countries. It's basically an exhaustive form which includes all details like education, residence, employment and travel history. My friends were required to fill it by their COs, so I thought it would be better to be preemptive and get it out of the way before they have to specifically ask for it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Mansoor

I applied on June 22, 2015. No medicals or PCC done yet. No CO allocated either. I belong to a high risk country also but i have travelled to Australia couple of times before.

I am not in a hurry anyways. DIBP works as per set deadlines and they work good. I am pretty sure about it. Its just a matter of time. I would recommend to take it easy and wait atleast for the time period they mentioned which is 3 months.

Cheers

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have applied for visa 190 with 70 points on 10th of june, medical on 30th of june, PCC and AFC already provided. I am not claiming any points for work experience. I got an email from CO as he needs form 80 from me and my wife, he did not ask me to fill form 1221. I am from karachi too. kindly update your case. I recommend you all to contact DIBP if you did not get case officer after 7 weeks u lodge your visa application. As I wrote an email to them yesterday and today Case officer contact me.
Regards
Zaigham Pirzada

·
Registered
32 Posts
What exactly is AFC? Form 1221 is not required from primary applicant and i guess you must be the primary applicant.

I applied on 22nd June and no progress on my application yet. I have not applied for any PCC or Medical yet as i am waiting for CO to be assigned and specifically ask for it. Form 80 will be asked by CO same time.

Regards

Mansoor

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I havnt heard from CO as yet.. May be the June applicants are catered by the end of August.. My Medicals are due next week... I havent done Form 80...should i wait till the CO asks or do it myself before my medicals are uploaded by the IMO people?

Waiting up till 90 days (which is the standard time) before calling up DIBP is a wise option i guess.. other people have been telling that they dont response until the due time is over

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi

It wont't hurt if you upload it now but my advice is to wait till CO specifically asks for it. I am telling you this based on my previous experience as i was a holder of Skilled (Regional) Sponsored Visa 475 granted in 2011 and everything went fine. At that time i got response in just 15 days and that too was to ask for PCC, Form 80 and Medicals. Visa was granted after 01 month.

I am pretty sure CO will be assigned by 3rd week of August at max. and hoping to see "Met" commnets replacing "Recieved " beside every uploaded document and asking for Medical, PCC and Form 80.

Regards
Mansoor

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have applied for visa 190 with 70 points on 10th of june, medical on 30th of june, PCC and AFC already provided. I am not claiming any points for work experience. I got an email from CO as he needs form 80 from me and my wife, he did not ask me to fill form 1221. I am from karachi too. kindly update your case. I recommend you all to contact DIBP if you did not get case officer after 7 weeks u lodge your visa application. As I wrote an email to them yesterday and today Case officer contact me.
Regards
Zaigham Pirzada
Hello Zaigham,

Could you please share the mail ID where you mailed before you got CO assigned ? Please...

·
Registered
70 Posts
What exactly is AFC? Form 1221 is not required from primary applicant and i guess you must be the primary applicant.

I applied on 22nd June and no progress on my application yet. I have not applied for any PCC or Medical yet as i am waiting for CO to be assigned and specifically ask for it. Form 80 will be asked by CO same time.

Regards

Mansoor
salam Mansor
its AFP not AFC sorry typing mistake and yes I am the primary applicant. they just ask for form 80 for me and in details of form 80 it says provide full resume, for employment or study. I did not claim any thing for employment and not going for study. Plus I think its better to book your medical and submit your pcc if applying from Pakistan. it may delay your process if Co ask for PCC or medical
REGARDS.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello Zaigham,

Could you please share the mail ID where you mailed before you got CO assigned ? Please...
I just contact them through their web form available on immi website. I am not sure if Co contact me next day because of my contact to department. but I think it will help instead of calling them.

Reactions: HARDEEP

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just contact them through their web form available on immi website. I am not sure if Co contact me next day because of my contact to department. but I think it will help instead of calling them.
Strange but It works ..... I have also been contacted by CO today. :):):):):):)

Reactions: mktwog and zaigham

·
Registered
70 Posts
nice :) did he ask for any more information? as he asked me for form 80, did you check ur application status on immi account?

·
Registered
109 Posts
nice :) did he ask for any more information? as he asked me for form 80, did you check ur application status on immi account?
Yes he /she requested for form 80 and 1221. yet to upload.. and i dnt have access to my immiaccount . my agent looks after that.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hardeep - I was searching in my immi account but couldn't get the place where we submit the form. Can you please provide the link?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Grant received!!

Hello friends,
By the grace of God and parents, we received grant letters today morning. Was an emotional journey throughout and many people played a part to keep my tempo up and this forum is definitely one of them :)

I had called the GSM Adelaide office today morning and was told that CO hasn't been allocated yet and that it wouldn't take longer for the assessment.

I had not claimed any points for experience.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello friends,
By the grace of God and parents, we received grant letters today morning. Was an emotional journey throughout and many people played a part to keep my tempo up and this forum is definitely one of them :)

I had called the GSM Adelaide office today morning and was told that CO hasn't been allocated yet and that it wouldn't take longer for the assessment.

I had not claimed any points for experience.
Congrats dear.. best of luck for your future ahead...

1 - 20 of 79 Posts