Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Living in Jumeirah Lake Towers?

Hi

I've been living in Oud Metha for about 4 years now and am thinking of moving to JLT in November. Can anyone advise? I realise that there is a total lack of convenience stores, laundry, etc. And there is alot of construction going on...but those floorplans look really good!

I'd really appreciate any info on the quality of fixtures/fittings and the maintenance standards etc. Towers such as Concorde, Madina, Icon, Lake Shore & Dubai Arch.

I was interested in Discovery Gardens (Zen Cluster) but was put off by stories of maintenance issues (AC, fittings, etc).

Thanks a bunch!!!
:D

·
Registered
204 Posts
I was wondering if anyone out there lives in JLT.... I will be moving to Dubai the end of Feb 2010 and my employer said most of the other people at the company live there...Any info would be appreciated

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey there ..
JLT is one of the places im considering looking for a studio too .. primarily because its close to where i would be working and that its a new place ..
i havent met that many ppl who are currently living at JLT .. most are living at Discovery gardens (the alternate to JLT) ...
Will keep u posted ..
ps: i move in first week of Feb 2010 as well ..

I was wondering if anyone out there lives in JLT.... I will be moving to Dubai the end of Feb 2010 and my employer said most of the other people at the company live there...Any info would be appreciated

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ive been living in dubai bout 8 months now and used to live in Lake View Tower on JLT but moved to JBR bout 2 months ago, sorry to tell u but its not one the best places to live in Dubai, there is too much construction goin on so its very noisy at night an early mornings plus there is nothing todo round there, unless u drive u have to get a taxi everywhere, walking is not an option, there r virtually no shops on JLT and no bars!! :eek::eek:

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
its not the best, but there are some great deals...

·
Registered
1 Posts
bonnington

you have to check out the bonnington, jumeirah lakes towers in JLT. google it and check out the website. it's just really getting started... half hotel and half apartments - the only bar in JLT. it's really very cool and very well finished... the services are getting better and better everyday. yes, there is still construction in JLT, and lots for that matter, but really it ain't so bad... you're close to the freeway, close to the marina, soon the train will open a stop, close to ibn batuta mall... really a good place...

·
Registered
23 Posts
absolutely .. JLT does have some good deals ... and as a place, its much better than discovery gardens as per people's ratings !
Its fairly new ... and part of it is being constructed.. but yeah .. give it some time ... u would start shops, malls and clubs opening around it like mushrooms .. :p

you have to check out the bonnington, jumeirah lakes towers in JLT. google it and check out the website. it's just really getting started... half hotel and half apartments - the only bar in JLT. it's really very cool and very well finished... the services are getting better and better everyday. yes, there is still construction in JLT, and lots for that matter, but really it ain't so bad... you're close to the freeway, close to the marina, soon the train will open a stop, close to ibn batuta mall... really a good place...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, I live in JLT right near the metro. It is a bit of a pain not having a small shop yet but i think they are working on that in a lot of the buildings. As a qualified builder i have to say the build quality isn't amazing, but iv'e seen much worse! We have had a leak in our bathroom wall for around 3 months now which as nice as the maintenance men are, it's still not fixed! I have to say though i have never lived anywhere else out here so don't have anything to compare it to! I hope this has been helpful :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi Soph ..
thanks for the info first hand !
I understand the companies in dubai have been concentrating on massive construction of buildings with less attention to detail and quality ... which i can expect from impulsive investors there :p
yes, having small shops to get some daily groceries is important, i hope they open few shops around the area...
I plan to move early next month and i hope to find a decent place within the first week of feb ..
any other info would be appreciated .. :) would also like to have a social circle when I move out there... :)

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Once the metro stations open next month (there's one at either end of JLT), you should be able to use the footbridges across SZR and have easy access to all the shops, restaurants, etc, in the Marina.

·
Registered
5 Posts
JLT - from a resident

absolutely .. JLT does have some good deals ... and as a place, its much better than discovery gardens as per people's ratings !
Its fairly new ... and part of it is being constructed.. but yeah .. give it some time ... u would start shops, malls and clubs opening around it like mushrooms .. :p
Hi, I agree but also I feel some of the information earlier in the thread about JLT is a bit out of date. I did some research and chose JLT to stay for a month or two as I was looking for somewhere close to Dubai internet city, Marina and closer to Abu Dhabi. JLT is actually quite good and better than I expected.

I arrived last Sunday and have been impressed. Most (not all) the construction work is finished and once the metro station opens (a month or so away...) it's 25 mins away from Bur Dubai and the airport. Prices are good but you need to take a taxi to the Marina for food etc. I am also sure this will change as the places on the lakes open and offer more facilities.

I also heard horror stories about access - also not true. Its easier to get in and out than other areas along Sheik Zayed road such as the Springs where there are always major delays. JLT is OK in my newbie view.

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
I dont know where this place is, but if its between there and discovery garden.. heck anyplace and discovery garden I would choose the other :)

Not a fan at all of discovery garden. For married people, on a tight budget, it will do. For single people, you better have to be a TIGHT budget to want to live here.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Chris
Thanks for the positive outlook on the place. It looks like I will be moving in there in late Feb early March. Which are the better buildings to move into. I looked at the Bonnington as sugested earlier in this thread but it is a bit pricy for my budget....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Best bet

I will be moving to Dubai in Feb as well. I was looking at JLT is it best to go with an agent or use a site like dubizzle and go direct?

The idea of calling all those listing sucks but if it means I can get a better deal it is a small sacrifice .

:plane:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Luckily I have an agent that is contracted through my employer but if you go through an agent you will pay up to 5% of the annual rent price for the agents fee.... It can get expensive

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't leave there but i have afew friends living in JLT @ Indigo tower. Its a pretty cool place to live in.. I've had a few stay overs there and i loved it. Most apartmets have a gym, sauna, swimming pool and there's one clost to Indigo that has a pool table... :). There's a bar nearby though i haven't been there, it opened recently..

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.