Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Might be a repeat question but I would like to ask it again :)

I am planning to come down to Sydney or Melbourne in July to activate my PR and then fly back and come permanently later. Since I have option only to come in July , I was wondering if someone can guide me on 2 aspects of travel

1) How is the Weather in July/August in Sydney and Melbourne. Does it snow ? or just between 8-15 and we can still walk around and visit places in outdoor specially with Kids .

2) Hows the Job market in July. I was thinking if I can appear for some interviews in July to get a feel of how things are . May be even discuss Joining dates .

Can we get Joining may be 4-5 months later so I can wind up and come down in 5 months or I need to be there permanently and then look for Jobs ..

Please anyone in Sydney and Melbourne advise as I need to book my tickets urgently.

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
No, there won't be any snow in Sydney or Melbourne. You would only see it in mountainous areas (ski fields). It will be chilly, but not unbearably cold. Sydney stays in the 10-20 range while Melbourne is a bit colder, with some early mornings in the low single digits.

It's doubtful that you would find an employer willing to wait 5 months for you to start. At most they would wait a month, maybe two. If you're talking to recruiters, they probably won't bother to meet with you until you are living in Australia permanently.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts