Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
i have an AU PR and my last day for entry in 3rd feb 2016.
From the experience of people who are already migrated to AU.
What should be the right time for me to go there and start looking for a job July\AUG or
Jan. my job profile is of software technical presales with focus on Enterprise content management, document management.

with the current economy, it seems more risky leaving the present job and moving to AU.
any advise and experiences sharing would be very helpful.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi guys
i have an AU PR and my last day for entry in 3rd feb 2016.
From the experience of people who are already migrated to AU.
What should be the right time for me to go there and start looking for a job July\AUG or
Jan. my job profile is of software technical presales with focus on Enterprise content management, document management.

with the current economy, it seems more risky leaving the present job and moving to AU.
any advise and experiences sharing would be very helpful.

thanks in advance.
Hi cprogmer84,

I too am struggling with similar thoughts after I got the PR

Just penning down my thoughts. This is more of a note to self.

1. The best time to land a job in Aussie is Jan-March and July-Sept. Getting a job takes time and we all need to patiently keep trying and not lose hope. But there is no guarantee that you will surely land a job if youu travel at one time or the other
2. The economy in AU is not very good at the moment and with commodity prices being low it will be like this for some time. Yet there are jobs to be earned and people do get jobs. one of those people could be you (or me :))
3. It is always risky to leave a well paying job and a settled life and go to a new country with the fear of the unknown. And sadly unless you move to AU with a job in hand, I don't see a specific time to travel (from the various experiences on this forum) or any other thing that will help you settle quicker in AU.
4. When you applied for the PR your thought must have been to go to this country and build a life there. Life has its ups and downs. The initial struggle is exciting, frustrating and everything you imagine it to be. But you are going through this to have a life you dreamed of (Not just the job of your dreams)
5. On when to travel: I ask myself this qn, can I (and my dependents) survive for the next X year(s) (time you anticipate to get a job given the market conditions) if I leave my job? The day I am able to say yes I know that I am ready to travel.

Again, remember that you decided to start on this journey because you believed that there is light at the end of the tunnel and eventually you will end up in a better place than you are in today.

Reactions: shivha1988
1 - 2 of 2 Posts