Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have my appointment in Sheffield now.
It says on the appointment email that only 1 person is allowed. So would my wife be allowed to go with me for my SET (M) application?

Thanks,

·
Registered
39,156 Posts
So I have my appointment in Sheffield now.
It says on the appointment email that only 1 person is allowed. So would my wife be allowed to go with me for my SET (M) application?
Yes, as she is (presumably) your sponsor. In fact sponsor is encouraged to attend together, as questions may be asked of them by the UKBA staff.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another question- my addresses I have been using for all my mail etc is in Birmingham which is the house my wife owns- all gas, water, council tax etc is in both of our names for proofs. We are not there during the weekdays bc my work is in Leeds so I am travelling around quite a bit. After my ILR appointment etc- does someone hand deliver this document at my birmingham house address for me or is it just dropped in the mailbox and I open it like other mail??

Thanks

·
Registered
39,156 Posts
Another question- my addresses I have been using for all my mail etc is in Birmingham which is the house my wife owns- all gas, water, council tax etc is in both of our names for proofs. We are not there during the weekdays bc my work is in Leeds so I am travelling around quite a bit. After my ILR appointment etc- does someone hand deliver this document at my birmingham house address for me or is it just dropped in the mailbox and I open it like other mail??
Your biometric residence permit (BRP) is hand delivered to the address you've given on the application. It's usually by a commercial courier, like passport delivery, but someone here had a UKBA staff delivering in person and asking them some questions. We presumed they were just verifying some facts about accommodation and cohabitation. So I suggest you explain to the UKBA staff at PEO your exact living arrangements to clear up any doubts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.