Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 2937 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
July 2015 189 Visa Applicants

Hi all,

Creating this group for all those who have received the invitation on 6th July and planning to apply visa this month...

Kindly subscribe in and share your experiences to help others.

Thanks.

Reactions: sazida khatun

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I applied for my eoi and not knowing i did not select "not related" for my experience in eoi for the experience deducted by ACS. I have 60 points, but Eoi calculated 65 points. I assumed eoi will chk my ACS letter and deduct the points accordingly.
But today I got an invite and got to know I made this mistake.

Please can someone help me with this what to do now.

Currently I applied with ielts with 0 points (minimum 6 across all sections)

Can I now apply for ielts and secure 7 if possible and update my visa application with extra 10 points before my invite expires?

Or

If above is not possible, can I drop my invite asap so that at least I can be in queue with 60 points?

Or

Do I need to wait for 2 month not submitting my invite and then update my eoi?. In this case what will be the effective date of submitting my eoi?

Thanks in advance
Mach

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hi Friends,
First of all congratulations to everyone who has got an invite recently to lodge the VISA application.
Creating this thread for everyone who has lodged or planning to lodge his/her VISA application in the month of July.
Lets discuss our status where we are at present and any communication we get from CO.
Lets help out by knowing the timelines and hope to continue till we receive the grants.
this thread should also be used as helping out each other and we need advises from people who have already filled out the VISA form and uploaded the documents.
All the best everyone on this next step and hope we all get a grant soon.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I have appliced for visa 189 and now in process of uploading documents.

I have one query

Is there any change in requirement for police certificate? earlier it was only required for countries where we have spent 1 year or more. now i see they mention 90days for more.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Oh that is strange and surprising.
If that is the case I may need to apply for UK PCC and I don't know how much time it takes. :(

Can anyone throw a light on that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have an unfortunate dilemma,

I Submitted my EOI on May 18th and got an invite on July 6th,

But my ACS letter is expired on 5th July,

My question is ACS letter needs to be valid at the time of the invitation or the visa application date?

Can someone share some thoughts pleas

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi I have appliced for visa 189 and now in process of uploading documents.

I have one query

Is there any change in requirement for police certificate? earlier it was only required for countries where we have spent 1 year or more. now i see they mention 90days for more.
Hi there,
Where did you get the information that PCC is required when we stay in a country >= 90 days?. As per the most current website of DIBP, it's still one year Character and police certificate requirements

Reactions: Sitanshu

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have an unfortunate dilemma,

I Submitted my EOI on May 18th and got an invite on July 6th,

But my ACS letter is expired on 5th July,

My question is ACS letter needs to be valid at the time of the invitation or the visa application date?

Can someone share some thoughts pleas
ACS letter is valid for 24 months from date of issue, so you're good unless CO comes back asking for a latest one, but I guess they won't.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Folks, looks like we have a duplicate thread. Can a moderator merge the two, or something??

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Folks, looks like we have a duplicate thread. Can a moderator merge the two, or something??

·
Registered
973 Posts
hi Macho,
Although this is an honest mistake but as clearly if you had claimed correctly with 60 points you would not have received an invite this time around.as no 60 pointers were invited this time.
Incorrect claiming of points has later been rejected at the visa stage.
So there are many cases where overclaiming of points led to VISA rejection.
While there are other cases also where the CO mailed the applicant back and said as this is an honest mistake and you would have anyway received an invite with 60 points so he did not reject the application.

But the weights are heavily against you as the probability of yours receiving a VISA this or next time were very slim.

I would suggest to let this invite lapse. Meantime give IELTS or PTE
update a new EOI after this invite lapses and you will have a new invite in SEPT with updated points.

anyway with 60 points you would have received an invite by Sep so it wouldn't matter.

the invite is based on EOI and now you cannot make any changes based on new IELTS.

Pls think carefully and decide.

Hi,

I applied for my eoi and not knowing i did not select "not related" for my experience in eoi for the experience deducted by ACS. I have 60 points, but Eoi calculated 65 points. I assumed eoi will chk my ACS letter and deduct the points accordingly.

Can I now apply for ielts and secure 7 if possible and update my visa application with extra 10 points before my invite expires?

Or

If above is not possible, can I drop my invite asap so that at least I can be in queue with 60 points?

Or

Do I need to wait for 2 month not submitting my invite and then update my eoi?. In this case what will be the effective date of submitting my eoi?

Thanks in advance
Mach

·
Registered
973 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
With the increase in the visa fee, starting this year.. Can anyone please specify the exact fee they have paid for theselves and spouse while applying visa after July invites?

·
Registered
973 Posts
hi Singh,
Check out this link for VISA price estimator in different currencies....

Pricing Estimator

With the increase in the visa fee, starting this year.. Can anyone please specify the exact fee they have paid for theselves and spouse while applying visa after July invites?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hi,

Formally subscribing to this thread as i got the invite confirmation today from my agent...All the best for Visa process to all!!!!

·
Registered
960 Posts
Hi,

Or

Or

Thanks in advance
Mach
I would suggest you let this EOI expire, in the two months waiting time you can write IELTS and try to score 7 in each band, note that for 189 it's mandatory to score 7 in each.
After two months, apply for a new EOI with corrected experience and new IELTS scores.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hi Friends,
First of all congratulations to everyone who has got an invite recently to lodge the VISA application.
Creating this thread for everyone who has lodged or planning to lodge his/her VISA application in the month of July.
Lets discuss our status where we are at present and any communication we get from CO.
Lets help out by knowing the timelines and hope to continue till we receive the grants.
this thread should also be used as helping out each other and we need advises from people who have already filled out the VISA form and uploaded the documents.
All the best everyone on this next step and hope we all get a grant soon.

Cheers.
Hi Sukesh123,

Is there any guideline for filling visa forms.
Or any link
it would be much easier that way. thanks

·
Registered
391 Posts
I would suggest you let this EOI expire, in the two months waiting time you can write IELTS and try to score 7 in each band, note that for 189 it's mandatory to score 7 in each.
After two months, apply for a new EOI with corrected experience and new IELTS scores.
Yeah, you should let the EOI expire. And aim for 8 in IELTS and you should get the invite almost immediately in the next round!!:)

·
Registered
973 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: TiffNis
1 - 20 of 2937 Posts